Temperatures of ryzen 1700 stock cooler?

I'm looking forward into buying a ryzen 1700 CPU and I was wondering if the stock cooler is good. What are the temperatures on idle and on load?

I'm pretty sure no one has the stock cooler yet.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I'm not sure if anyone has those results yet.

however, I'd assume they are pretty good, as it's a 65W Chip, and the stock cooler looks beefy.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

haven't seen any temps, but it's round, RGB, and probably good enough for a teeny OC.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

12 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I'm not sure if anyone has those results yet.

however, I'd assume they are pretty good, as it's a 65W Chip, and the stock cooler looks beefy.

That 65W must be treating them real nicely. It's nice that Ryzen is actually 95W vs 140W of Intels X99 Lineup.

Havent overclocked my chip yet, but with Windows 10 managing everything (through power settings) it manages 3.2Ghz @ 60°C. The temperature inside is currently around 24-27°C. I can change the fan profile to standard and it'll comfortably manage this at ~64°C while basically silent (in an NZXT S340 case - thick glass+metal to dampen sound).

Asus AI Suite estimates this is around 50-55W power usage - I assume the full 65w would be seen at the higher 3.7Ghz boost clock and stock boostclock voltages (Windows automatically reduces this a little, though seems to manage well). At these higher clocks I assume you would start to see the higher ~67-70°C and higher, noticable fan speeds on warmer days.

Note: These are NOTHING like the old FX series fans. No more 7000RPM jet engines.... When I say noticable here, I mean they're actually audible - if you're going for absolute silence this is when you begin to need after market cooling. This in no way means the noise levels are uncomfortable - they're easily bearable.

3 minutes ago, Dylsmurf said:

Note: These are NOTHING like the old FX series fans. No more 7000RPM jet engines.... When I say noticable here, I mean they're actually audible - if you're going for absolute silence this is when you begin to need after market cooling. This in no way means the noise levels are uncomfortable - they're easily bearable.

My son's computer had a stock cooler on his 6200 and I never noticed how loud it was until he played Scrap Mechanic. Jet engine confirmed.

5 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

My son's computer had a stock cooler on his 6200 and I never noticed how loud it was until he played Scrap Mechanic. Jet engine confirmed.

Yeah, the old coolers were terrible. Was extremely impressed with the new design, ended up returning the AIO I purchased as for stock clocks it's really not required.

1 minute ago, Dylsmurf said:

Yeah, the old coolers were terrible. Was extremely impressed with the new design, ended up returning the AIO I purchased as for stock clocks it's really not required.

That's good to hear since I am leaning towards upgrading my 8230e to something in RyZen's line. Looking like the 1600x, but I have also been checking the i5 6600k. AMD has never done me wrong though.

25 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

That's good to hear since I am leaning towards upgrading my 8230e to something in RyZen's line. Looking like the 1600x, but I have also been checking the i5 6600k. AMD has never done me wrong though.

Depends entirely on what your intended use is. My reason for upgrading was to reduce power consumption and heat output without any loss to performance. I've over halved my power consumption (140w+ CPU down to ~55w at full loads), heat output (in line with this) and still managed to gain a hefty ~60% performance increase over my overclocked 8350, so I couldn't be more happy with my purchase. I use my computer for occasional video encoding so the ability to actual encode without my room boiling or nuclear power plant overloading is amazing.

Not many reviews are really mentioning the power efficiency, but imo it's really something that should be outlined - it's actually quite impressive, especially when compared to the 140w Intel equivalents.