Ryzen 2 Gaming Rigs, 1 Tower

Maybe Linus can build 2 Gaming Rigs, 1 Tower by using Ryzen Processor. If really can, try to use the Radeon GPU and use some Red, RGB as decoration to prove the real team red. I hope the video is sponsored by AMD. Please don't take this silly idea too seriously. Most people will see this post topic twice because I post on the wrong topic.xD

1 minute ago, IAmLastPrime said:

Maybe Linus can build 2 Gaming Rigs, 1 Tower by using Ryzen Processor. If really can, try to use the Radeon GPU and use some Red, RGB as decoration to prove the real team red. I hope the video is sponsored by AMD. Please don't take this silly idea too seriously. Most people will see this post topic twice because I post on the wrong topic.xD

why, all that would achieve is 2 gamer's 1 cpu but with amd instead of intel, effectively the same video 

I think some new weird build idea is 100x better than redoing same idea with different hardware. Besides, they already upped it with 7 gamers, 1 CPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If they're going to revisit the idea, it's to overdo it (again). If anything, it'd be 16 (or 32, if they want to mimic dual cores) gamers, 2 CPUs with a Naples system consisting of dual 32 core chips.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 hours ago, Drak3 said:

If they're going to revisit the idea, it's to overdo it (again). If anything, it'd be 16 (or 32, if they want to mimic dual cores) gamers, 2 CPUs with a Naples system consisting of dual 32 core chips.

I'm pretty sure CPUs won't become limitations so why go overboard with it? I was under the impression PCIe lanes and GPUs were the limitation since every gamer needs their own.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

50 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I'm pretty sure CPUs won't become limitations so why go overboard with it? I was under the impression PCIe lanes and GPUs were the limitation since every gamer needs their own.

Overdoing it was what they did when they did the 7 gamers, 1 CPU video. And quite honestly, there would be zero reason for them to revisit the idea, it's just a matter of scale and they've demonstrated that.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Maybe instead a 4 games one cpu and have all gamers play a cs:go lan party on a single cpu.

6 hours ago, alexcheetah said:

Maybe instead a 4 games one cpu and have all gamers play a cs:go lan party on a single cpu.

Have you watched videos we are talking about?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Smallest builds with amd. How bout that?

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I have been lurking here for years, had to make a profile to get in on this convo.

I definitely think it would draw interest to revisit 2 gaming rigs 1 tower with AMD vs Intel. Most people love 2 gaming rigs 1 tower but never found it affordable. Showcasing AMD as a cheaper, yet capable, alternative would be pretty awesome.

Personally, I have been planning a Limetech-virtualized build for a while. I wanted to wait on Ryzen's performance/cost, and see if Intel's 6900 came down in price. I have searched the internet everyday since Ryzen released to see if anyone anywhere completed a virtualized build with Ryzen (utilizing Limetech); however I have yet to see it. I really just want to know if Ryzen can utilize Limetech like Linus did in the original video. That alone interests me- a lot.

I'll cross my fingers, hoping more of you guys want to see it as well.

On 3/16/2017 at 10:32 AM, DirtyDel said:

I have been lurking here for years, had to make a profile to get in on this convo.

I definitely think it would draw interest to revisit 2 gaming rigs 1 tower with AMD vs Intel. Most people love 2 gaming rigs 1 tower but never found it affordable. Showcasing AMD as a cheaper, yet capable, alternative would be pretty awesome.

Personally, I have been planning a Limetech-virtualized build for a while. I wanted to wait on Ryzen's performance/cost, and see if Intel's 6900 came down in price. I have searched the internet everyday since Ryzen released to see if anyone anywhere completed a virtualized build with Ryzen (utilizing Limetech); however I have yet to see it. I really just want to know if Ryzen can utilize Limetech like Linus did in the original video. That alone interests me- a lot.

The problem is that right now very few Linux kernels actually support ryzen, and those who have tried unRAID(LimeTech is the company, not the product) with ryzen have reported crashes, and iommu groups are a mess right now, so don't expect anything proper right now. Though, AFAIK one person managed to stop the crashes, but I doubt he tried VMs. I would encourage you to go make a post on the LimeTech forums, the people over there know that they're doing. 

Also know that this is not plug and play stuff, and takes quite a bit of time (I recently built a 2 gamers 1 CPU build but with lesser powered hardware - took 6+ hours before I actually got the second vm kinda working and many more before properly getting it working, and I still don't have audio on the second vm), especially since ryzen is bleeding edge. 

Oh and VAC hates VMs and will actively kick you out of VAC servers for using one (rip my plans  for me and my friend to both play csgo on my computer...), and if you dare suggest that they fix that, be prepared for the hostility.

But as for the OP: 

Ryzen is too bleeding edge right now and isn't supported properly by unRAID, so a build like this probably won't come out for a while.

Though, it would be nice to see a "2-3 gamers one CPU on a budget" build.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

On 3/18/2017 at 1:31 AM, sazrocks said:

The problem is that right now very few Linux kernels actually support ryzen, and those who have tried unRAID(LimeTech is the company, not the product) with ryzen have reported crashes, and iommu groups are a mess right now, so don't expect anything proper right now. Though, AFAIK one person managed to stop the crashes, but I doubt he tried VMs. I would encourage you to go make a post on the LimeTech forums, the people over there know that they're doing. 

Also know that this is not plug and play stuff, and takes quite a bit of time (I recently built a 2 gamers 1 CPU build but with lesser powered hardware - took 6+ hours before I actually got the second vm kinda working and many more before properly getting it working, and I still don't have audio on the second vm), especially since ryzen is bleeding edge. 

Oh and VAC hates VMs and will actively kick you out of VAC servers for using one (rip my plans  for me and my friend to both play csgo on my computer...), and if you dare suggest that they fix that, be prepared for the hostility.

But as for the OP: 

Ryzen is too bleeding edge right now and isn't supported properly by unRAID, so a build like this probably won't come out for a while.

Though, it would be nice to see a "2-3 gamers one CPU on a budget" build.

Thanks for the term clarification. 

Also, I had no idea about VAC on Steam, that's huge to a lot of people thinking about an unraid vm.

I still plan on doing the build, since I don't think I play any VAC secure games.

Solid post. Thanks for the info

On 3/17/2017 at 1:32 AM, DirtyDel said:

Finally, you share the same idea with me.

WHe not a budget 2 gamers 1 CPU? Try to build a 2 gamers rig that is less than double the price of your average i5 6600k + gtx970 combo. Make an actual meaningful consumer video out of it including explanation of means of distributing i/o.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 10:41 PM, CtrlAltELITE said:

WHe not a budget 2 gamers 1 CPU? Try to build a 2 gamers rig that is less than double the price of your average i5 6600k + gtx970 combo. Make an actual meaningful consumer video out of it including explanation of means of distributing i/o.

I like your answer with great explanation.xD