Returning a mouse to amazon

Thelillypad123

So I recently ordered a new mouse from Amazon that I wanna give a shot and see how I like it. It's a g403 btw. My question is, do you think if I pulled the mouse out and played with it for a few games, I'd still be able to return it for a full refund minus a small restocking fee? It's a third party seller but it is fulfilled by Amazon.

Amazon has great customer service. if you just say that you thought you were getting a 502 or something, they will gladly fully refund you.

keep in mind that if your reason for a return is "I didn't like the product" or something like that, you may be charged a restocking fee.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sure depends on the condition, buy a mouse that you want to keep, try it out in a store before ordering from amazon. 

I've felt the shape at bestbuy and I really like it, it's just whether that shape holds up after a few hours and doesn't strain my hand is what I need to test. I mean, I'm assuming that it should be fine to return because really the only noticeable difference would probably be some scratches on the feet.

7 minutes ago, Thelillypad123 said:

So I recently ordered a new mouse from Amazon that I wanna give a shot and see how I like it. It's a g403 btw. My question is, do you think if I pulled the mouse out and played with it for a few games, I'd still be able to return it for a full refund minus a small restocking fee? It's a third party seller but it is fulfilled by Amazon.

That is against every return policies anywhere. You would literally make Amazon lose money and risk getting your whole account banned. 

As per amazon, Their policy for what you ask is as follow.  As you wouldn't send the mouse back sealed and new. They would, if they accept, give you only UP TO 50% of the original value. On top of having to pay for return shipping.

Fy3WUlO.png

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Amazon has great customer service. if you just say that you thought you were getting a 502 or something, they will gladly fully refund you.

keep in mind that if your reason for a return is "I didn't like the product" or something like that, you may be charged a restocking fee.

Yeah, I did something similar with newegg when I accidentally ordered a 2133 MHz ram kit haha. And yeah, a call to customer service can usually benefit a lot.

16 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

That is against every return policies anywhere. You would literally make Amazon lose money and risk getting your whole account banned. 

As per amazon, Their policy for what you ask is as follow.  As you wouldn't send the mouse back sealed and new. They would, if they accept, give you only UP TO 50% of the original value. On top of having to pay for return shipping.

Fy3WUlO.png

Account banned? I mean that's a bit extreme I'd think. Make me pay the full price or just deny the return I think is a lot more likely. 

2 minutes ago, Thelillypad123 said:

Account banned? I mean that's a bit extreme I'd think. Make me pay the full price or just deny the return I think is a lot more likely. 

Not extreme really and getting more and more common as people use amazon for every purchases. If you reach a specific but undisclosed amount of returns, you may get banned from any current and future purchases for life. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/amazon/comments/5fg50s/does_amazon_ban_a_user_for_too_many_replacement/

3 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

Not extreme really and getting more and more common as people use amazon for every purchases. If you reach a specific but undisclosed amount of returns, you may get banned from any current and future purchases for life. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/amazon/comments/5fg50s/does_amazon_ban_a_user_for_too_many_replacement/

Well considering I've paid for prime for years now and bought hundreds of things and returned maybe 2? I would say they would be silly to do so. I get what you are saying, but I think that is for people who are literally never satisfied with a product.

I guess mileage may very, but i have returned a mouse and a few other things even when being opened for a full refund. Even asked amazon customer support about ordering a monitor and a few other things, and asked can if i return it for a full refund if i didn't like it the "lady" said yes.

01:42 PM PST ME: So in theory i can keep buying a monitor and return it if i don't like it until i find the "perfect: one?
01:42 PM PST Monika Benny: Sure  ,But only within 30 days
01:43 PM PST ME: Well i think it would only take a day or two to see. Also wouldn't you guys lose money for people abusing that?
01:43 PM PST Monika Benny: Not at all user ,Please do not worry 

from a chat transcript. my name taken out of course.

I7 6800k   |  Asus X99-A USB 3.1  |  CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400mhz   |  Corsair H100i V2 |   EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition  |  NZXT S340 White  |  EVGA 750w NEXB1 

Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb SSD, Kingston 120gb v300 SSD, Western Digital 1TB green drive.

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU

Yeah, you'll be fine. If you don't make a habit out of it, there's no problem. Excessive returns and replacements will get you a warning, followed by an account ban so I don't think they'd say anything for one mouse returned. If you don't like a product or there's no actual defect, Amazon makes you pay the shipping to send it back.

5 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sure depends on the condition, buy a mouse that you want to keep, try it out in a store before ordering from amazon. 

Not true, if you are a prime member (or even non-prime) they will refund in any condition, I order 90% of my stuff from Amazon purely because their customer service is fantastic, when I bought my GTX Titan X, the SLI Bridge did not come in the box so I went to customer service and asked if they could email the seller to send me one, they instead issued a £200 partial-refund, this btw was after 30 day return had passed

To the OP: Yes you can use it for 29 days if you wish and return it on the last day, you'll receive a full refund, no charges, although some third party sellers can be say difficult, but usually dealt with smoothly if you tell Amazon about it, they will often "Adjust your account" and give you a full refund (you 95% of the time you can keep the mouse), Amazon don't like to be used as a "rental" or "try before you buy" type service, so if you keep buying and returning items they will most likely ban you, unless you spend way more than what you're returning.

Gaming Rig:  Case: Modified  NZXT H440 Black/Red | Storage: 512GB Samsung 960 Pro SSD & 3TB WD Black HDD | CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K | Motherboard: Z270 Sabertooth TUF Mark 1 | PSU: 1000W EVGA P2 | Graphics Card: GTX Titan X Pascal | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz | Cooling: X3 RES, CoolStream XE 360 Rad, Gold EK Supremacy EVO, D5 PWM EK Pump, Ice Dragon Nano Fluid 2Litre | Fans: 6x Corsair SP120 PWM Fans 1x Corsair AF 140 | Cables: CableMod Black/Red Braided cable kit | Case Mods: Tempered Glass front panel & Tempered Glass Side Panel (Finished) 

Setup: Monitors: Ben XR3501 2x Acer GN246HLBbid 24 | Keyboard: K70 & K95 Vengeace RGB Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Razer Deathadder & Corsair Scimitar RGB | TV: 43" LG 4K Smart TV, 50" Samsung 4K 

Laptop: ASUS ZenBook UX310UA-FB097T

Racing Cockpit Setup  GT Omega Pro with TV stand | 52 inch Bush Smart TV | Fanatec CS v2.5 | Fanatec CSL Elite LC | Fanatec P1 & Formula Rim | Corsair Strafe Blue MX RGB

Racing Cockpit PC: Case: Unknown cheap case from Amazon (modified to fit GTX 1080 & Cooler) | Storage: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro | CPU: i7 7700k | Motherboard: MSI Z170 | PSU: 750W EVGA Gold | Graphics Card: GTX 1080 | RAM: HyperX Fury 32GB 2400mhz | Cooling: Hydro 100i | Fans: 4x Corsair SP120 PWN fans | Cables: Standard PSU Cables | Case Mods: Making room for GTX 1080 & Cooler.

Why not just talk to the Customer Service rep and see what they say? Usually they'll be very accommodating, and I've often gotten more than I've asked for. However, don't lie to them. Not only is it fraud, it's just bad karma.

Something to consider, you might think that you're not hurting anyone by returning it, but you're likely making the company you bought it from lose money. Not only will they have a product they can't sell at full price, but they have to pay for the return shipping.

13 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

Committing fraud isn't exactly the best thing to do though, now is it.

13 hours ago, Thelillypad123 said:

I've felt the shape at bestbuy and I really like it, it's just whether that shape holds up after a few hours and doesn't strain my hand is what I need to test. I mean, I'm assuming that it should be fine to return because really the only noticeable difference would probably be some scratches on the feet.

That still makes it used and unfit for resale.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

Why not just talk to the Customer Service rep and see what they say? Usually they'll be very accommodating, and I've often gotten more than I've asked for. However, don't lie to them. Not only is it fraud, it's just bad karma.

Something to consider, you might think that you're not hurting anyone by returning it, but you're likely making the company you bought it from lose money. Not only will they have a product they can't sell at full price, but they have to pay for the return shipping.

Committing fraud isn't exactly the best thing to do though, now is it.

That still makes it used and unfit for resale.

Yeah, I decided to take the high road and keep it after I played a few games with it. It's not for me, but I figure I can knock off $10 and resell to someone on reddit or here and tell them the thing is practically brand new.