GTX 1070 unnecessarily loud

Russellcook17
Go to solution Solved by typographie,
6 hours ago, Russellcook17 said:

I'm 100% positive it's nothing else, it's weird it wasn't being this obnoxiously loud yesterday but decided to be loud today as if I turned of the 0db fan mode off but it's definitely on.

Check GPU Tweak II's fan settings. Open it up, go into "Professional Mode" and make sure Fan Speed is set to Auto rather than User Define or Manual.

If that's already set to Auto like it should be, I guess then I'd check in MSI Afterburner to verify that things are the way they should be. If the fan is spinning at a temperature or load percentage that the fan curve suggests it should be off, I guess at that point I'd be trying to contact Asus.

Hello 

I recently installed a Asus strix GTX 1070 into my system and I can't help notice it can be very loud at all times whether it's playing a game or simply leaving my pc idle at the desktop, I understand that my GPU came with a software called GPU tweaker and I can't seem to set the card into a more silent mode. If anybody can help me configure card accordingly I would greatly appreciate it.

My system specs are;

CPU: i7-3770 3.4ghz

Motherboard: Asus sabertooth z77

GPU: GTX 1070

RAM: 16GB

PSU: Corsair TX850W

Never used ASUS' software but if you install MSI afterburner or EVGA's Precision X you can set a quiet fan profile for your card.

Does you mum know you're here?

15 minutes ago, VVoltor said:

Never used ASUS' software but if you install MSI afterburner or EVGA's Precision X you can set a quiet fan profile for your card.

Interesting, so it doesn't specifically have to be the same brand as your GPU the software, would setting a profile on a different software fix my problem?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you sure it's the video card you're hearing and not something else? That card has a 0 dB fan mode. Unless you've changed it, the fans shouldn't even be in motion at idle.

I have a Strix 1070, and I only use GPU Tweak II for the case fan headers built into the rear of the card—they require GPU Tweak to be running for whatever obnoxious reason. I'd recommend using more mature software like MSI Afterburner if you want to adjust the card's fan settings.

6 minutes ago, typographie said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but are you sure it's the video card you're hearing and not something else? That card has a 0 dB fan mode. Unless you've changed it, the fans shouldn't even be in motion at idle.

I have a Strix 1070, and I only use GPU Tweak II for the case fan headers built into the rear of the card—they require GPU Tweak to be running for whatever obnoxious reason. I'd recommend using more mature software like MSI Afterburner if you want to adjust the card's fan settings.

I'm 100% positive it's nothing else, it's weird it wasn't being this obnoxiously loud yesterday but decided to be loud today as if I turned of the 0db fan mode off but it's definitely on.

6 hours ago, Russellcook17 said:

Check GPU Tweak II's fan settings. Open it up, go into "Professional Mode" and make sure Fan Speed is set to Auto rather than User Define or Manual.

If that's already set to Auto like it should be, I guess then I'd check in MSI Afterburner to verify that things are the way they should be. If the fan is spinning at a temperature or load percentage that the fan curve suggests it should be off, I guess at that point I'd be trying to contact Asus.