Best Earbuds I can buy for around $100?

musama18117
Go to solution Solved by dwang040,

Umm, i have the rha ma750's. They are $120 and all I can say is that they sound amazing. I'll be honest, i'm not the biggest audiophile, but I do like hearing details and something other than bass. Coming from skullcandy, sol republic, etc. So the rha earbuds were real clear and crisp. Anyways, here's this cool list I found (and used) when I was looking for earbuds: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/ It's actually very helpful and the people over at headfi forums really know their music stuff. 

the rha's are also very durable. I listen to music 24/7 no lie, and I'm a scrub so normal cheapo earbuds last no more than a few months, where as i've had the rha for a year to a year and a half. Still good and going strong. 

About a year later after buying and being disappointed with the HyperX Clouds I've decided to buy some good earbuds/IEMs.

I'm currently leaning towards the Shure SE215s but I've heard that RHA has an offering for around the same price of $100.

I listen to Rock, Jazz, House, Rhythm and Blues, Electro Swing and Metal.

So yeah, what's the best I can get?

9 minutes ago, musama18117 said:

About a year later after buying and being disappointed with the HyperX Clouds I've decided to buy some good earbuds/IEMs.

I'm currently leaning towards the Shure SE215s but I've heard that RHA has an offering for around the same price of $100.

I listen to Rock, Jazz, House, Rhythm and Blues, Electro Swing and Metal.

So yeah, what's the best I can get?

You were disappointed by the clouds? *Gasp* You know they are for gaming right?

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

8 minutes ago, dany_boy said:

You were disappointed by the clouds? *Gasp* You know they are for gaming right?

Well I misunderstood Linus, when he meant that they didn't suck, he just meant they didn't suck.

For some reason, I thought they could at least be better than your everyday headphones which might be true but I don't feel like investing in an AMP/DAC to find out especially since I'm listening to music on my phone nowadays. 

1 minute ago, musama18117 said:

Well I misunderstood Linus, when he mean that they didn't suck, he just mean they didn't suck.

For some reason I thought they could relieved better than average audio which might be true but I don't feel like investing in an AMP/DAC especially since I'm listening to music on my phone nowadays. 

I have a pair of clouds (the originals), and the Bose SoundSport. With a more powerful amp, the clouds have a rather nice sound to them IMO. Bose have a very odd sound signature, I wouldn't recommend them for listening, but they are extremely comfortable and super nice for jogging. Other than that I have only tried cheap headphones and some DT880's at a shop, so I may not be the best judge as far as sound goes.

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

Umm, i have the rha ma750's. They are $120 and all I can say is that they sound amazing. I'll be honest, i'm not the biggest audiophile, but I do like hearing details and something other than bass. Coming from skullcandy, sol republic, etc. So the rha earbuds were real clear and crisp. Anyways, here's this cool list I found (and used) when I was looking for earbuds: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/ It's actually very helpful and the people over at headfi forums really know their music stuff. 

the rha's are also very durable. I listen to music 24/7 no lie, and I'm a scrub so normal cheapo earbuds last no more than a few months, where as i've had the rha for a year to a year and a half. Still good and going strong.