Am I Doing This RGB Thing Right?

MrAw3som3

Linus just posted a video of the TridentZ RGB RAM I got last week and since I have a Gigabyte board I cannot control the color right now so I figured I might as well match the rest of the system to the RAM instead!

First Image is the computer in it's intended orange state along with a set of the white RAM

Second image is of the build in its max RGB-craziness state

To top it all off, I posted a video as well

Specs:

Case: NZXT H440 Orange (Hard to find)

Cables: CableMod ModMesh

Mobo: Gigabyte X99 Phoenix SLI

CPU: Intel 6850k @ 4.2Ghz

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB

GPU: Nvidia/EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Storage: 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (retro), 5 HDD totalling 13TB

PSU: Corsair RM750i

Lighting: NZXT HUE+

The way it was intended to be:

Orange Low.jpg

After the RGB RAM came in the mail last week:

RGB low.jpg

...and the video:

video.mp4

Can anyone else top this? I have some friends that find it quite amusing.

very nice, my computer is rather dull in comparison, a full panel black box define s xD

Thanks! I figured I needed to post it after Linus showed the G.Skill RAM on the test bench :P

4 minutes ago, MrAw3som3 said:

Thanks! I figured I needed to post it after Linus showed the G.Skill RAM on the test bench :P

always nice to see some people go all out and make a showroom pristine pc like yours, i built mine on a tight price/performance ratio objective so i skipped my turn on rgb and such, but i do appreciate a god damn nice looking computer when i see one :P

6 minutes ago, MrAw3som3 said:

Yes I can /s

Maybe

20170113_224409.jpg

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes I can /s

Maybe

lol what box is the computer?, the one on the left or the one on the right? they both looks like trash cans, i can't differenciate. :P

and eeeewwww, did i see pesky vga cable?

1 minute ago, Howitz said:

lol what box is the computer?, the one on the left or the one on the right? they both looks like trash cans, i can't differenciate.

That's called PSU lol

10 minutes ago, MrAw3som3 said:

This is gorgeous. So much rgb. Pair it with some nice rgb headset keyboard and mouse 

Not shown: k70 rgb

gfps9muqz6ix.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, MrAw3som3 said:

That looks sweet, any better angles?? 

not right now I took it cause I had just gotten the 1070 at the time.... and to be honest I dont wanna dig out all my equipment for a proper photograph lol

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I hear ya, I just used my phone for a few quick shots. I have a DSLR and a small studio but ehhh.

2 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

not right now I took it cause I had just gotten the 1070 at the time.... and to be honest I dont wanna dig out all my equipment for a proper photograph lol

are you not a photographer? what would shia labeouf say? feed my desire for nice computer pics.

I usually think RGB just looks like rainbow vomit, but if you go all out and do it right it looks good, this is a perfect example. Nice build!

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

are you not a photographer? what would shia labeouf say?

its 2am he can say whatever he damn well wants lol, unless hes giving me a substantial amount of money I aint doing it lol

System Specs

1 minute ago, Spork829 said:

I usually think RGB just looks like rainbow vomit, but if you go all out and do it right it looks good, this is a perfect example. Nice build!

just get an ssd already...

just get an ssd already...

Almost did it about a week ago actually, but then I put the money towards the NAS I just ordered parts for. Eh, I'll do it eventually

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

2 minutes ago, RektSkrubs said:

the orange really kills it IMO... but since you asked if anyone could top it, I have an RGB desk and closet...

It wasn't originally supposed to be rainbow in effect, but that kind of happened as a result of not yet being able to control the RAM... It will return to orange/white again when I can get my hands on the software to control it. Afterall, I waaayy overpaid for the case and had to get it shipped from Germany.

2 minutes ago, Howitz said:

$T2eC16F,!)sE9swm(ulcBRgs9T4smQ~~60_35.J and epileptic convulsions.

Corsair needs to make the sun rgb.

4 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Thanks! If I really wanted to do the rainbow effect "right" I would have gone with a black or other neutral case color. Ultimately, it will return to orange/black. 

1 minute ago, GamesOfThrones said:

How do you play in the dark with that o.O 

It currently resides under my desk so it kinda just creates some nice, relatively tame ground effects. Also, it can all be shut off with a single click of a script I wrote.

2 minutes ago, GamesOfThrones said:

How do you play in the dark with that o.O 

Easy. I look at the screen.

System Specs