Am I Doing This RGB Thing Right?

MrAw3som3

Nice build there...was planning on doing a X99 build or so and that was one of the boards that was in consideration, ended up getting Z270 instead.

Here's my not so great RGB build...Never intended to buy a board with RGB lighting but bought a Z270X-Gaming 5 anyway, should have just gotten an Gaming 7...

Wt9NjEF6GKzQC0b7DbMVyNNNrgzaYO0s1k-f3W8PVmyI2CLDYbn1hU06yYRiunu9ha6HmpCjhVYlakDgR9EEbzo45HHC7qe3ta1TbskMotkiv16Qh_r5mPlCjbp-yeau47ep49E_kKukkCA7tCmZkNPhzCd5Unj8mQv0c4HyJy8fuHdPgzKsWO4fkEDysrxLjvSjlR-jPMYdjIYaOoSnPwT-tLeEodICLCZpZ8QQat-77KEVZBb5uq8smLKVMnXkAeBRxKwnmtX6XoNgXVDsP1uoUh8xsGSAjippA_nVk_VbpEQdVuDDOQiXAOdvPHz5VZQUykF-2N-I66B5umPXwPGBtuOelV8V7DuSpBS7RZ0XKSkWFu_bPnZ0Px-HWlyopQS3uSWds3AgWjF92MofXqk0TbXHtwk-JBlRb9m120l33QEQ99xhLuj36hwDlK7LgslWzmyk8sKueKpkvl-o-sKxGtIwOfs_G9-kEpHXj1wYI2StRPGvEyDTLPvUb5iwk23iF0I4r-erEEZ7RKf0OheBqfnX05YT77CjZLnT4XJ-hrnAN99kGZRZoHYklFSyaLStbj1Iqpj5cofGYyKxW8m4q8RpePVwV4j9zXJtyZw6XWegO3nN=w1689-h950-no

I've always been a Gigabyte guy myself and the only reason I went X99 is because I got the 6850k for $180.

2 minutes ago, MrAw3som3 said:

I've always been a Gigabyte guy myself and the only reason I went X99 is because I got the 6850k for $180.

There's been a bunch of IRE 6850K's lately...been flooding the market for some time now...

Ahh, yea I wasn't even considering a new build until that deal came across. I was doing just fine with my i7 920 for the most part :P Renders are much better now though.

I want to make an RGB custom water loop build eventually; just go ham on the budget. However I don't have the money right now, maybe once I finish college and save enough.

• CPU = i7 5930k
  • Cooler = Corsair H100i
  • RAM = Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-2666
  • Storage = Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
  • GPU = EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3
  • PSU = Corsair 750D
  • PSU = Corsair 1000W
  • Monitor = Asus PG278Q

I was in the same boat, but since I am in college the X62 had to do lol

Very nice build, especially those cable colors matching the rest

My build is also rgb but I keep it on 1 or 2 colors (not a fan of the rainbow effects). I was a bit early (build it last year) so no rgb fans or ram. 

Spoiler

15007749_1140424989399080_1172347294_o.jpg

Thanks! I built mine just in time to return my RAM for the RGB stuff. G.Skill needs to hurry up on that software so mine can get back to its orange/white scheme.

13 minutes ago, MrAw3som3 said:

Thanks! I built mine just in time to return my RAM for the RGB stuff. G.Skill needs to hurry up on that software so mine can get back to its orange/white scheme.

You're lucky then. When they announced the rgb version, it was too late for me to return them. I'm waiting to see if my motherboard can sync with the rgb ram.

Looks nice, considering RGB fans myself now!

i1CfIXn.jpg

LVpzttC.jpg

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Hmm, I really like that build as it is and remember the RGB fans that I have require a HUE+ controller from NZXT ($60) and each fan is $30 (all USD). But heck, if you have the spare cash laying around then the "covering marquee" effect between white and red would certainly pop!

Yea man! Few problems though... cold cathodes can't change color on demand and are a bit washed out IMO. Had some in my old build. Modern RGB LED are like the "HD" to cold cathode and other lighting's "SD" :P