One Plus 3t

Donut417

I recently ordered an One Plus 3t to replace my aging LG G3. Ive had the phone for over 24 hours. This will be more of a first impressions review. 

Pros:

Size, the phone is slightly larger than my LG G3

Finger Print Reader, my last phone didnt have this. This is one of the best features ever. Not only for unlocking the phone, but for logging in to Last Pass. 

The slider switch on the left side. The sliding switch to switch between normal, do not disturb and silent is a great feature. Its saves a lot of time. Im a student so I do have my device set to do not disturb 3 times a week. 

Responsiveness: This device seems to be way more responsive than my G3. 

Customization: There are many instance where you can customize your experience.

Dual Sim: While Ill never use this feature. I can see if you travel how this might be a good feature. 

Double Tap to wake: This is the biggest reason I liked my G3 and to see this feature on this phone made me very happy. 

Price: $439 USD. Now For $553 I the accidental damage coverage, a case, and a glass screen protector.  

Unlocked. While I dont plan on leaving T Mobile, its nice to have options. 

No Carrier bloatware. It doesn't come with all the shit software from T Mobile. I dont give 2 shits about T Mobile TV. The only T mobile apps I have is the T Mobile App to have account access, and the T Mobile Tuesdays App so I can #GetThanked. 

Camera: Pictures are not half bad. I haven't really taken a lot of pictures, but the one I did was pretty good. 

Cons:

No IR blaster. This is the feature from my LG G3 that I really liked. I used it a lot. 

No SD card slot. Now it the phones defense it has 64 Gigs of Storage. Which is twice as much as my G3. So Im fine with no SD card slot

No removable battery. 

Button Placement. Power and Volume buttons are opposite of each other. 

USB Type C port: Only a negative because I only have the one cord and I have shit tones of USB Micro cables. 

Other Thoughts:

My LG G3 was having issues which lead to me getting a new phone. Ive never been a Samsung guys since the issues I had with the Samsung Moment. LG hasent done very good the last few phones. The Reviews of the LG G5 wasn't good and my sister had a bad experience with the LG V10. Which lead me to the One Plus 3t. I was also considering the Google Pixel XL, but they never had any in stock. Funny enough Im learning about these issues in my business policy course at EMU. Thus far I would say if you have a cheap device, but you can spend a little more, this is a good option. Its a little more than what the Google Nexus lineup cost, when they offered those devices. It offers great features.

Oh and another observation. This phone uses Micro Sim cards. So just keep that in mind. I had to buy a new sim from T Mobile to fit the device. It was only $20 and I could care less about that. Just be aware, you might need to cut down your sim or get a micro sim. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

What about temps? Does the phone get hot? (I have a Xperia z2 and oh got it gets hot). 

Camera quality? 

I'm considering buying an used S7 / S7 Edge or a OnePlus 3T in a couple of months

43 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

What about temps? Does the phone get hot? (I have a Xperia z2 and oh got it gets hot). 

Camera quality? 

I'm considering buying an used S7 / S7 Edge or a OnePlus 3T in a couple of months

I haven't noticed it getting hot. I opened Pokemon go and it seemed to do fine. The camera is not bad. But I dont take a lot of pictures. Seems to be better than my G3. In terms of video quality I couldn't tell you. I haven't used the video function. 

Just to add, the Dash Charger is pretty bad ass it charges the phone pretty quick. On top of the fact it seems to have pretty good battery life for how I use it. 

Thanks for the review, was thinking of replacing my note 5 with this for the dual sim card

My Rig:

Core i7-7700K 4.5GHz Quad-Core,

MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard,

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory,

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Video Card,

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5",

Solid State Drive, Sandisk Ultra II 960GB 2.5" Solid State Drive, Corsair SF 600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply

Monitors:

BenQ XL2720Z 27 inch Gaming Monitor,

34" Class 21:9 UltraWide® Full HD IPS LED Monitor

Peripherals:

Noppoo Choc Mini 84 RGB (Brown Switches),

Logitech G Pro

What phones use regular sized SIM cards anymore? :P

Good review, but I'd maybe works little in formatting next time. Have a little more space between subjects. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

18 hours ago, dizmo said:

What phones use regular sized SIM cards anymore?

I had I think it was a micro sim card in my last phone. I had to go to TMobile and buy the smallest Sim card they had. LOL. 

I have the OnePlus 3 (which is pretty similar to the 3T in most things) and I really love it. Definately the best smartphone I've ever had (before I was on the Sony side). If you think about buying a OnePlus 3T, go for it! You wont regret it, I'm sure.