[TUT]How to create your own TS3 Server FOR FREE

PRTI

ts_banner.png

-So since many people don't know how to create a TS3 server i thought i do a tutorial! what are the benefits of this tutorial compared to a standard YouTube video? i teach you how to create spaces, what there meant for and of course how to tidy your permissions etc...enjoy :)

-There are also many benefits from those free teamspeak server hosters (freets3.ovh, kingts3 (which was good but shutdown due to a invalid licence) where you have there host banner all the time, and even sometimes spamming your server with pokes and advertisements + not to mention you're gonna need to change your name every 7 days due to the AUTO-DELETE system

Step 1 : Getting the files

1.So first you're gonna need to go to the TeamSpeak server download page ( https://www.teamspeak.com/downloads.html#server )

2.You're gonna need to download the appropriate files (either Windows or Linux, either x64 or x86 depending on you're OS and architecture)

3.Once you have download the .zip you're gonna extract it to your desktop (for ease of manage) and right click on the .zip and click "Extract to teamspeak3-server__________" and you should have a folder with the needed files, and that's the first step...

Step 2 : Port Forwarding

-This step should be a ease for some people while others thing its very hard but its actually not

1.You're gonna go into CMD and type "ipconfig" (without the quotation marks)

2.There should be a bunch of IP info but you're only gonna need to get the "Default Gateway" IP and the "Ipv4" IPCapture.PNG

-Now your info is probably gonna be different but does not matter

3.Now you're going to go into your browser and just paste in the Default Gateway IP in the tab

4.Now depending on your IPS you're gonna have a different look from mine but its all the same process, once you done that your screen should look like thisCapture3.PNG

-You're just going to log in (your User Name and Password is simple, just search up "Your ISP Name" login info and it should display a bunch of names and passwords and eventually you will find a match, or sometimes (in my case) there is no password or name so you just click log in and your in)

5.You're going to go into the port forwarding and paste this info (you may not have the option to fill it in but you would rather have to add it, either way the first port you add is 9987, then 10010, then 30030 (start and end port) and change out 192.168.0.20 with YOUR IPv4 Address) then you're going to enable for both UDP and TCP and click save) and you're done with this step! :) 

Step 3 : Starting the Server

1.Now you're gonna go into the TS Server folder and open "ts3server.exe"

Capture22.PNG

After that you're gonna wait a little and you should get a screen like this

Capture55.PNG

You're going to save all this info

2.You're going to go into your browser and type in "ip" and your public IP should come up

3.You're gonna get in your TS3 Client and type in that IP with the port 9987 (YOURIP:9987)

4.When you joined you're TS3 server your gonna put in your Server Admin tolken and great you have your own TS3 Server for free! (which is limited with 31 slots doe (you can bypass that with a license crack but i'm not going to be teaching you that :) ) NOW ITS TIME TO SETUP AND TIDY YOUR SERVER ! :D 

Step 4 : spacers & Permissions Tutorial

1.Spacers

-Spacers are like channels that can be moved to the left, right or centered and without the room "avatar" you could call them "clean channels"

-Now you're going to right click on the first channel or the virtual server and click "Create spacer"

-Once you done that you will have something like "[spacer0]" in the name before the "s" you have a couple things you can for let's say if you add "c" you will have the text centered "r" for right and "l" for left "*" is to put the text to infinite to fill up the bar, the 0 is there for a number, for lets you already have a spacer and it wont allot you to create a spacer because there is already a existing one with the same name, you can change the 0 to any number to avoid that

2.Permissions

-This is probably gonna be the longest out of the 3 so lets start

-Now once you go into the "Permissions" tab and click on "Server Groups" at the begging you will only find "Server Admin" & "Guest" & "Normal"

-Now if you want to create lets say a rank "Head Admin" your going to right click on "Server Admin" and click "copy" and then rename it, now once you have done that you can choose what options you want to delete (Create Perm rooms, Manage Groups, Manage Privileges Keys (same as tolken))

-Now if you want to change there "Power" you have to click on "Settings" > "Options" > "Application" (which should be the first thing) and then checkmark "Advanced Permissions System"

-Now almost the whole APS is based on "Power", Server Admin has a max power of 75, Admin Server Query (which is the most powerful group you can be in, but you can't just add yourself thru the Group system) has a max power of 100

-Now once you're going to go back into the Server Groups and you're gonna see the a tab system, under "Filter" you're gonna type "move" "poke" "delete" "create" "ban" "kick" and here you can edit the power,

NOTE : If you want to create a channel with a certain amount of needed power to do something just go into the "Permissions" while creating the channel

Tip : If you want to steal icons from other servers just go into the root of your TS3 client and go into config > cache > random letters > icons - and then just open the files as a .PNG

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial ! if you have any question or any problem i would be glad to help ! :D, enjoy !

If people want i'll edit the post and put a Step 4 on how to get REAL Admin Server Query on your server !

Wouldn't it be smarter to set it up on a VPS so you don't get targeted for DDoS attacks? I could send you a tutorial for setting it up via SSH on Debian 8/Ubuntu 14.04

1 minute ago, Jed M said:

Wouldn't it be smarter to set it up on a VPS so you don't get targeted for DDoS attacks? 

[TUT]How to create your own TS3 Server FOR FREE

Yes i agree it would be smarter to do it on a VPS but those cost money and the point of this TUT is to make it completely free of charge while having full control over the server although that is a smart idea, if you're only looking to talk with friends who you trust or have a clan you shouldn't worry that much, although for larger servers you're surely gonna want more slots and a license + a VPS

17 minutes ago, Jed M said:

Wouldn't it be smarter to set it up on a VPS so you don't get targeted for DDoS attacks?

I can't justify the cost of paying for a server. If someone was to DDoS me during a game it would result in the game being abandoned. A pointless looser dick move that I wouldnt pay money to avoid

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

28 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I can't justify the cost of paying for a server. If someone was to DDoS me during a game it would result in the game being abandoned. A pointless looser dick move that I wouldnt pay money to avoid

Less than $5 USD/month to get a DDoS protected VPS... I'd rather not waste my house's bandwidth.

57 minutes ago, Jed M said:

Less than $5 USD/month to get a DDoS protected VPS... I'd rather not waste my house's bandwidth.

voice isn't much bandwidth, i use Skype on mobile within my data plan which is far less than my home plan. i estimate it around 50mb an hour. i dont know if that would scale in a group call, it shouldnt if its not p2p

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

26 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

voice isn't much bandwidth, i use Skype on mobile within my data plan which is far less than my home plan. i estimate it around 50mb an hour. i dont know if that would scale in a group call, it shouldnt if its not p2p

It's not like its a game server

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

36 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

It's not like its a game server

Not talking about the voice bandwidth, the DDoS attack's bandwidth is enough to waste your ISP's allocated bandwidth. TeamSpeak requires UDP which makes AMP attacks possible, AMP attacks mean insane amounts of bandwidth(I've personally gotten over 500Gbps sent towards me before which pissed my ISP off). 

27 minutes ago, Jed M said:

Not talking about the voice bandwidth, the DDoS attack's bandwidth is enough to waste your ISP's allocated bandwidth. TeamSpeak requires UDP which makes AMP attacks possible, AMP attacks mean insane amounts of bandwidth(I've personally gotten over 500Gbps sent towards me before which pissed my ISP off). 

how long were you under attack for before your ISP did something about it?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

how long were you under attack for before your ISP did something about it?

5 minutes before  a phone call wondering what the fuck was going on.

1 minute ago, Jed M said:

i wonder what mine would do considering I'm on 4G and my speed is capped. I think I would get reconnected to another cell tower with a new IP

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

35 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

i wonder what mine would do considering I'm on 4G and my speed is capped. I think I would get reconnected to another cell tower with a new IP

I am talking about the server itself getting DDoSed.

10 hours ago, Jed M said:

How did that conversation go lol?