Razer Wireless Mouse Shuttering/Freezing, Software Or Hardware?

hihihi8

Hi peeps, I've recently bought a Razer Mamba Chroma 5G Wireless/Wired Mouse because my old Taipan's cord was damaged. Upon receiving and testing the mouse, the first thing I noticed was that it locked up (Stopped responding to all inputs) when I used the side scroll for the first time, and the same happened sometime later when I accidentally hit the MB3/4 side buttons (though not first time). Each time it froze, a restart of the mouse itself was required. In game (LoL mostly), the mouse stutters and blinks around occasionally when hovering over items in the store, and when I change speeds (as in move quickly/slowly/quickly/slowly) rapidly during gameplay, the mouse often stutters (small movements backwards/forewards/up/down) before continuing to track correctly. I noticed this happens significantly more when in wireless mode compared to wired, and reinstalling Razer Synapse has not helped much (No more locking up, but still unreliable). I have polling rates set at 1000Hz, but it happens regardless of 500/1000Hz polling. The seller offers 7 days return/replacement, and I'd like to know if this is software or hardware related before doing so and receiving another mouse with the same problem. Thanks!

PC 0: Pinky 2.0

Ryzen 9 5950x — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 5 @3600Mhz CL14-13-13-28-288 — ROG Crosshair 8 Dark Hero — RX 6900 XT — Hardline Loop — Sabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB — Samsung PM961 1TB  WD Blue 4TB HDD — Corsair AX1500i — Thermaltake Core P5 

PC 1: Pinky (Yes that is her name) Here's the build

Xeon E5-1680V3 — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 @2400Mhz — MSi X99A Godlike Gaming — GTX 980Ti SLI (2-WAY) — Hardline Loop — Samsung 950Pro 512GB — Seagate 2TB HDD — Corsair RM1000 — Thermaltake Core P5

PC 1.1: Pinky (Mom Edition) Here's the build

i7-5960X — 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 @2400Mhz — MSi X99A Godlike Gaming — GTX 980Ti SLI (2-WAY) — Hardline Loop — Sabrent Rocket 3 1TB — Samsung Q 870 Evo 4TB — Corsair HX850i — InWin S-Frame #190

PC 2: Red Box/Scarlet Overkill (Dual Xeon)

Xeon E5-2687W x2 — 96GB Kingston DDR3 ECC REG @1333Mhz — EVGA Classified SR-X Dual CPU — GTX 1070 SLI (2-WAY) —Hardline Loop — Samsung 750 EVO 256GB — Seagate 2TB 2.5" HDD x3 — Self-Built Case

You can try connecting the Mamba to another computer to see if the issue persists. Usually, if the issue persists, it could be a hardware issue. I would suggest that you contact your reseller for an exchange and if need be, contact our Support team at rzr.to/help for further troubleshooting.