Automatically delete posts that aren't replied within 7 days, and don't count bumps as replies

NerdyCoder

This feature might be very good, because it can save the server's storage, and it won't clutter the post list.

To fully utilize this feature, bump posts can help posts go up, but it does not count as replies.

DUE TO MANY REQUESTS I HAVE LEFT THIS FORUM FOREVER.

1 minute ago, NerdyCoder said:

This feature might be very good, because it can save the server's storage, and it won't clutter the post list.

To fully utilize this feature, bump posts can be help posts go up, but it does not count as replies.

Server storage isn't a huge priority atm.

The main issue I have is the performance and the UI.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, MadG4mer said:

Well that would just delete all the old posts and thats propably something we dont want.

It would delete old posts that didn't get any replies.

Saving a few kilobytes of data isn't a huge concern for any server administrator.

-KuJoe

Very bad Idea. All the solved Problems that still help new People would be gone. Just to name one Issue.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

A week is too short - I think the length should depend on how frequently the documents are posted in each separate forums.

9 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Very bad Idea. All the solved Problems that still help new People would be gone. Just to name one Issue.

I don't think you guys are fucking understanding. I am meaning that new posts that have 0 replies should be deleted. If the post has 1 replies, it wouldn't get deleted.

Pruning content is never a good idea for a forum. Some people might see it as a form of censorship while it would also delete helpful content for others. Not all threads require conversations, some people just post good information and don't worry about whether they get replies or not.

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

Pruning content is never a good idea for a forum. Some people might see it as a form of censorship while it would also delete helpful content for others. Not all threads require conversations, some people just post good information and don't worry about whether they get replies or not.

Well then there should be a Information and Question category. Question posts are deleted if it has 0 replies. It does not apply to information posts.

8 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

<removed>

This isn't necessary at all. I would suggest you fix your post if you want to keep the conversation going.

-KuJoe

9 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

This isn't necessary at all. I would suggest you fix your post if you want to keep the conversation going.

He cant fix your quote ?.  Stupid Topic anyway.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Fixed.

Let's continue.

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Why is this stupid?

1 minute ago, NerdyCoder said:

Well then there should be a Information and Question category. Question posts are deleted if it has 0 replies. It does not apply to information posts.

I still don't see what the benefits could be at all. If it's over X days old it will disappear off the first page of the forum and all feeds. I just checked my forum databases and a single post of around 500 characters is less than 1KB in size so even if you have 1 million unanswered threads (highly unlikely on an active forum) that's less than 1GB of storage.

-KuJoe

10 minutes ago, NerdyCoder said:

Why is this stupid?

How many posts here get no replies? 0.001?

6 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I've already edited my quote.

-KuJoe

10 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

I've already edited my quote.

You are so kind ?

1 hour ago, NerdyCoder said:

I don't think you guys are fucking understanding. I am meaning that new posts that have 0 replies should be deleted. If the post has 1 replies, it wouldn't get deleted.

No need to warm up over this. Its common here that people don't read trough before posting. As for idea itself, 7 days is too low count. Most of the time when topic gets 0 replies, its about something really special and might need 7-30 days to get any replies. And at that point post is well past first page and doesn't glutter anything. Plus considering how many pic filled multipage threads, those will take so much more storage than few non-answered topics.

1 hour ago, Praesi said:

We need even less your kind of posting than he overheating. This is suggestion like others in here. Some are better than others.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

We need even less your kind of posting than he overheating. This is suggestion like others in here. Some are better than others.

Thx for this value respond.

849c3c9a93ca5c14.jpg