Is the Antec VP500PC any good?

Eomera

I'm thinking about buying a Antec VP500PC 500w psu, because I can't get the corsair VS550 where I'm.

Is it a decent PSU? Could it run a GTX 560 TI (not oc) with a core 2 quad (95w tdp, not oc)?

On the ss you can se the ampearage on each rail, worth it?

post-43702-0-36144500-1383755964.jpg

Nothing wrong with that PSU, the power is a little bit on the low side (doesn't give you much room to upgrade or expand in the future), but it should be able to run a system like the one you mentioned.

what's your budget and where are you able to buy from?

I can only get a Corsair VS450 for about the same price, which is 50w less.

All the rest is chinese crap in the same price range (45EU).

Well, I'd asked where you are able to buy from (links would be helpful), so I know what is available to you at a particular price point. If you are able to buy it from one of this place, I would recommend the XFX Core Edition 450w for your system for ~€40. http://geizhals.eu/xfx-pro-series-full-wired-edition-bronze-450w-atx-2-3-p1-450s-x2b9-a708267.html

I'm buying here http://www.links.hr/?option=katList&page=sviartikli&id_kategorija=0527&sort_cat=cijena_s_pdv&sort_ord=
The prices are in the local value so 370kn is 50Euro, 300kn is 40euro, 230kn is 30euro aprox.

The XFX you are talking about is 449kn = 65euro aprox

My problem is I can't wait 10 days for it to ship from another country.

Is this better? I se it offers max 408w on the single 12v rail, same as the antec, even if the psu is decalred at 50w less.

The difference are the amps, 34A single rail on the corsair, and 24/21A on the dual rail of the antec, what difference does this make?

post-43702-0-44386000-1383762685.jpg

I believe the VS450 and the VP-500PC is internally based on the same GPA platform from Channel Well Tech (the actual manufacturer). They are entry level PSUs, that I personally wouldn't recommend, but if you can't stretch your budget for the better build XFX 450w I had suggested, then I would go for the Corsair VS450.