COIL WHINE! Gigabyte Gaming 1 1060

Okay, so, I've gotton myself a nice upgrade, a Gigabyte Gaming 1 1060 6gb. Although there is one problem with it, whenever I load a game it coil whines. I know the obvious solution is 'just enable v sync' yea that doesn't work...

I've contacted the store I've got it from and they've offered me an RMA.

My question is that is there even any point in an RMA or will they just send me back another whin-y card?

1 minute ago, SpookyCoffee said:

Okay, so, I've gotton myself a nice upgrade, a Gigabyte Gaming 1 1060 6gb. Although there is one problem with it, whenever I load a game it coil whines. I know the obvious solution is 'just enable v sync' yea that doesn't work...

I've contacted the store I've got it from and they've offered me an RMA.

My question is that is there even any point in an RMA or will they just send me back another whin-y card?

Coil whine is a rare issue, the chance you have another coil whine card is very low

I've seen quite a lot of people with Gigabyte GPUs of this generation complain about excessive coil whine, so it must be a trend. Return it and hope you get a less whiny one. 

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

The 1060 G1 Gaming suffers from coil whine. Mine has it too. Unless you get another model of the card, you can't get rid of it.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Thanks guys, I've seen alot of other forums where they have G1 Gaming cards and they coil whine even when idle, so shall I just put up with the one ive got and turn my volume up?

It also varies depending on the game, like The Witcher 3 maxed out, it's like a bunch of crickets but MWR it's still there but not as noticable :)

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Coil whine is a rare issue, the chance you have another coil whine card is very low

Actually, 99% of 1060 G1 Gaming cards have this issue...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, SpookyCoffee said:

Thanks guys, I've seen alot of other forums where they have G1 Gaming cards and they coil whine even when idle, so shall I just put up with the one ive got and turn my volume up?

The card doesn't coil whine at idle..... Mine doesn't at least.

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Actually, 99% of 1060 G1 Gaming cards have this issue...

Oh, well so basically any Gigabyte G1 suffers from issue.

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Oh, well so basically any Gigabyte G1 suffers from issue.

Idk if other G1 Gamings have this issue, but the 1060 definitely has it....

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Idk if other G1 Gamings have this issue, but the 1060 definitely has it....

Yeah people are reporting heat issues with RX 480 G1 Gigabyte. RIP

I guess i'll stick to one i've got and learn to tune it out then :3

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Yeah people are reporting heat issues with RX 480 G1 Gigabyte. RIP

The RX480 G1 Gaming is a piece of crap. You can tell that they didn't really care if you compare the size of the cooler on the RX 480 G1 to the GTX 1060 G1..... 

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE! So I've RMA'd the card and just got a new one sent to me, no coil whine!