Ryzen + Vega

SammoFS

Hey all, I'm planning on using https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/R33xVY as my cheapie (AUD) build.

Should I wait for (Ry)zen and Vega Or just go for it and buy?

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Why not? Even if vega/ryzen dissapointed you, you can still get the build you intended for originally. Don't think price will change much by that time. 

Yes for Ryzen and also yes for Vega. But AFAIK Vega will come out as enthusiast GPUs (around $350++) first and the normal consumer market GPUs around end of the year.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Why not? Even if vega/ryzen dissapointed you, you can still get the build you intended for originally. Don't think price will change much by that time. 

That's the thing though.. Pc Parts prices are really high over here :P

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

id wait for ryzen but i believe vega is supposed to be high end only so you may not want to wait for that. 

Okay, Thanks everyone :)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Just now, Rika Shiguma said:

That's the thing though.. Pc Parts prices are really high over here :P

Ikr? But it is still better to wait and see if AMD actually brings some competition back into the market and drops prices. As it is it cost me $400+$58 postage for a used 4790K (which can luckily do 4.8GHz at a safe voltage), which was around $100-$200 cheaper than an i7 6700K or i5 5820K (which cost the exact same-including motherboard+DDR4)

Edit: And since I didn't wait for my GTX 970, over $550 for it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

what do you plan to use the computer for? gaming? if so what games?

i have a 6100 and used it with a 970 for while and it was able to run gta 5 well but for some games an i5 might work better

The best thing to do right now is to wait for AMD release.

At least you will know if it's worth buying. Or it might cause price of Intel to drop.

It's worth waiting a bit more.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Yeah I'll probably wait.

Also I intend to use this computer for gaming.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

5 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Ikr? But it is still better to wait and see if AMD actually brings some competition back into the market and drops prices. As it is it cost me $400+$58 postage for a used 4790K (which can luckily do 4.8GHz at a safe voltage), which was around $100-$200 cheaper than an i7 6700K or i5 5820K (which cost the exact same-including motherboard+DDR4)

Edit: And since I didn't wait for my GTX 970, over $550 for it.

my friend paid $720 for a 1070 at release

titanic recorder theme plays

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

my friend paid $720 for a 1070 at release

titanic recorder theme plays

starts to play sad violin

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

if you wait to long you might be forced into getting the 7100 over the 6100 because stock of the 6100 could drop and sell out.

you also might want to look at the i5 then aswell because most games will run better on an i5 but yeah the prices in aus suck 

im holding out for ryzen myself, does anyone happen to know what the premium 'black edition' has over the normal SR7... both have the same specs 8/16 both same cache ect.... the only thing i can guess is they are cherry picked for higher clock speeds? from the rumors looks like its going to cost an extra $150

past AMD cpus black editions had unlocked multiplier but all ryzen chips are fully unlocked and overclockable long as you have a AM4 x370 mobo