What's the formula to calculate combined discounts?

IAmAndre
Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

If the discounts are applied in sequence, just figure out what 20% of 70% is (14%) and add it to the original 30% discount, which will give you a total of 44%.

However it's more likely they'll just get applied on the original price, making it a 50% discount.

Hi,

I hope I'm posting this in the right section. You've probably found yourselves in a situation in which a store offers, say a 30% discount on a product, but then there's an extra 20% discount. So to calculate the final price, you must first calculate the price after the first discount, then the final price based on the previous result. Now my question is how can I do this with just one formula? I also would like to know the total discount in percentage.

By the way, GamersGate is offering a discount of this kind : they made a partnership with Razer, and you may get a 20% discount on top of the initial discounts.

Thanks

Surely you can add them to your basket, add the code for the extra 20% off (if there is one) and it'll just tell you there?

If the item is already 30% off it'll already show the price with 30% off, so you only really have to take the 20% off.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

3 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Hi,

I hope I'm posting this in the right section. You've probably found yourselves in a situation in which a store offers, say a 30% discount on a product, but then there's an extra 20% discount. So to calculate the final price, you must first calculate the price after the first discount, then the final price based on the previous result. Now my question is how can I do this with just one formula? I also would like to know the total discount in percentage.

By the way, GamersGate is offering a discount of this kind : they made a partnership with Razer, and you may get a 20% discount on top of the initial discounts.

Thanks

so 50% discount.... just take off half of what the original price is.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Price/10*x=discount amount (x=discount percent(without % and only first number)x10) For example 500$ is the price and discount is 20%. 500/10=50;50x2=100 (that's 20% out of 500)

9 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

That is a hard way of doing it. 

Yes you did. 

Here's my super easy way. 10% discount ok, now let's take 10% discount of $19.99. I'm using a real price to help you guys see the ease. 19.99 * 0.10 = 1.99 off of 19.99 to make the total $18.00 before tax even though in my town our sales tax percentage is about 8.41% so a 10% discount in my town is a fucking joke lel. Anyway easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

Idk it was best method i could decently explain in English :D 

If the discounts are applied in sequence, just figure out what 20% of 70% is (14%) and add it to the original 30% discount, which will give you a total of 44%.

However it's more likely they'll just get applied on the original price, making it a 50% discount.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Wow ! Thanks for your replies, but I think I should have posted it in a maths forum or something as most of you are missing the point here ! Of course the discount will be applied automatically by the website, I want to calculate the prices myself.

38 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

LOL i just did the dumbest explanation ever

Agreed !

28 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

10% discount ok, now let's take 10% discount of $19.99. I'm using a real price to help you guys see the ease. 19.99 * 0.10 = 1.99 off of 19.99 to make the total $18.00 before tax even though in my town our sales tax percentage is about 8.41% so a 10% discount in my town is a fucking joke lel. Anyway easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

Really?

14 minutes ago, Sauron said:

That's it ! Thank you sir !