$200-300 IPS 1440p Monitor

Kenji the Uke

3: I do hope to atleast get 60hz, but any opinions? The higher end can waver by 50 dollars, but I honestly dont know what brands to look for, what to avoid, ect. So anything will be appreciated! :3

Moist

take a peek at the monitors i have on my profile, i'm not *as* satisfied with them as "the dell experience", but "the dell experience" usually is above that budget :P

I'll give you one over $300 because it's the cheapest IPS at 27-inch. If you don't mind smaller, here's a 25-inch.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/YZn2FT/benq-monitor-gw2765ht

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/D7hj4D/acer-monitor-umkg7aa002

Keep in mind that while they have good viewing angles and better contrast, most if not all have IPS glow which will make the darkest shades look brighter. Monitor reviews would reveal how bad such glow is for any specific monitor.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

take a peek at the monitors i have on my profile, i'm not *as* satisfied with them as "the dell experience", but "the dell experience" usually is above that budget :P

Love the photo for one :3 And I see! What do you not like about them? GIVE REVIEW PLEASE >:C

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I'll give you one over $300 because it's the cheapest IPS at 27-inch. If you don't mind smaller, here's a 25-inch.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/YZn2FT/benq-monitor-gw2765ht

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/D7hj4D/acer-monitor-umkg7aa002

Keep in mind that while they have good viewing angles and better contrast, most if not all have IPS glow which will make the darkest shades look brighter. Monitor reviews would reveal how bad such glow is for any specific monitor.

Those are nice :3 And I see! I didnt know that.. ;w; 

Moist

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Keep in mind that while they have good viewing angles and better contrast, most if not all have IPS glow which will make the darkest shades look brighter.

i've actually not noticed this on any of my 3 IPS panels, if anything the darker stuff looks brighter on my TN shitboxes.

I'm using the BenQ GW2765. a nice 1440p 60hz IPS monitor with an adjustable stand (tilt, pivot, and height). only thing is the large bezels, but it doesn't bother me. 

2 minutes ago, Kenji the Uke said:

Love the photo for one :3 And I see! What do you not like about them? GIVE REVIEW PLEASE >:C

mind you, before i had these i had a collection of TN garbage, and a dell ultrasharp.

the pro's:

- cheaper than dell ultrasharp, by a notable bit

- a variety of inputs

- lots of options on the on screen menu

- they have a flat back, which makes taping things to them easier than for exampele the curvy back of dell ultrasharps.

- they claim 100%sRGB, i doubt that's a thing, but it's close enough to my dell ultrasharp (which comes with an indiviual verification thingy confirming 99%) that my blind face cant see a difference

the cons:

- i'm not convinced by reliability, my dell ultrasharp feels like a product that'll stand wear, i just have a feeling with benQ gear that it's not gonna last.

- at least half of the on screen menu stuff is useless gimmicks, which makes the usefull stuff like.. oh.. i dont know volume control difficult to reach.

- they require a dual link DVI cable, or a hdmi cable, (they have vga, but only at 1080p) single link dvi doesnt work.. unless you get a dvi to hdmi passive adapter, and just plug it into the hdmi port on the monitor. i dont see why they require dual link so badly.

- they look like a 1970s teletype terminal, there's no finesse to the bezel design, it's all just straight, "functional" corners. not really desirable for the centerpiece of a desk.

- 100% sRGB isnt the only thing they claim that i have my doubts by, not that meaningless specs are anything new in the display world.