Usefulness of power supply with no cables

So long story short, I have a psu that's 1200w and the psu is fine but all the cables are junk, I have to jiggle theM to get stuff to work and they even look cheap so I was planning to sell the psu hoping somone planning on doing custom cables would use it. The only thing is the 24 pin is not modular and it's crappy too so even with it no modular can somone replace that too if they needed to. Just trying to decide if it's worth selling or I should keep it in my spare parts I never use pile.

4 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

what psu?

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

what psu exactly?

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

What PSU specifically?

Some people are eager to know. ☺ 

8 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

Some people are eager to know. ☺ 

It is a 1200w Thermaltake. There are two versions with a similar name one has nice cables and a power switch and this one has terrible cables and no power switch. i think it is this one but i can't remember right now for 100% sure. http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001780

16 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

It is a 1200w Thermaltake. There are two versions with a similar name one has nice cables and a power switch and this one has terrible cables and no power switch. i think it is this one but i can't remember right now for 100% sure. http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001780

id try and sell it

46 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

well thats not much use to use is it?

It would be good for somone who uses like cable mod cables or somthing 

1 hour ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

It would be good for somone who uses like cable mod cables or somthing 

Why not get like cablemod cables and keep it? It's a great PSU.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

54 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Why not get like cablemod cables and keep it? It's a great PSU.

Cause idk how to replace the hard wired cables and uhh it's really not that good

1 minute ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Cause idk how to replace the hard wired cables and uhh it's really not that good

OOOHHH I gotcha. I thought the PSU was fully modular for whatever reason. Also it's a "tier 2" PSU by the list in my signature. It's a good unit. Is it still under warranty?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

OOOHHH I gotcha. I thought the PSU was fully modular for whatever reason. Also it's a "tier 2" PSU by the list in my signature. It's a good unit. Is it still under warranty?

It would be but the quality of it  is sooo bad. That I honestly worry it will blow somthing in my pc. There's lots of stories of it popping or burning out pcs. More of it popping but some of it killing pcs

13 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

It would be but the quality of it  is sooo bad. That I honestly worry it will blow somthing in my pc. There's lots of stories of it popping or burning out pcs. More of it popping but some of it killing pcs

Trust @STRMfrmXMN, he knows power supply quality.  The lower end Toughpower PSUs are like that but not all of them.  The particular one you have is fine.

You should attempt to RMA it even if you don't want it anymore.  Sell it after the fact or keep it.

14 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Anecdotal Newegg reviews are meaningless. Professional reviews have found your PSU to be very good. Just because it says "Thermaltake" on the side doesn't make it garbage. They do have good units.

21 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Anecdotal Newegg reviews are meaningless. Professional reviews have found your PSU to be very good. Just because it says "Thermaltake" on the side doesn't make it garbage. They do have good units.

i hate to say this but this is my second bad power supply from them..... i had an 850 that the actual psu was dieing. I don't think they are all bad but i can say the ones i had are not that good. Mine would be fine if i was fully modular and i could trash the incuded garbage cables. 

9 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

i hate to say this but this is my second bad power supply from them..... i had an 850 that the actual psu was dieing. I don't think they are all bad but i can say the ones i had are not that good. Mine would be fine if i was fully modular and i could trash the incuded garbage cables. 

Thermaltake doesn't even manufacture their own PSUs (FSP, CWT, Enhance, etc) so there's no consistency to saying "Thermaltake is good" or "Thermaltake is bad." Though they're kind of a skeevy company they do have good units like yours.

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Thermaltake doesn't even manufacture their own PSUs (FSP, CWT, Enhance, etc) so there's no consistency to saying "Thermaltake is good" or "Thermaltake is bad." Though they're kind of a skeevy company they do have good units like yours.

Yea that would give some variation.....my past unit had good cables and a bad psu and this one has a horrible cables but the psu is good. MY replacement is a platnum rated EVGA 1000w psu. 

I hate to say it..... as you said my previous one was a good one.... with the new one both my cpu and gpu overclocks as well as general use are way more stable....plus i have to jiggle nothing to get my pc going