BBC to set up team to debunk 'fake news' stories

15 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

What kind of fucking idiots can't find they're pregnant ?!?!?! If you've had unprotected sex or the contraceptive seemed ineffective, a sensitive pregnancy test can detect a pregnancy within a week of conception. And second, read the article you linked carefully.......The studies are still inconclusive at best. I'm quite shocked at the number of irresponsible pricks masquerading as adults nowadays. People have to understand that actions have consequences instead of learning that no matter how badly they fuck up, there's somebody waiting to clean up their messes. Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen.

1 how the fuck do you know if your contraceptive was effective given that there is more than 1 type of contraception and NONE are 100%. there are cases of woman going full term and not knowng, in this case even her DOCTOR didnt think she was pregnant http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1281456/How-woman-know-pregnant-gave-birth-A-new-study-suggests-common-think.html.

2 its widely accepted by most experts

3 maybe you should comment when you have had sex because judging from your reaction you have little to know knowledge of real life relationships.

4 yes they should but using another life as a teaching tool is just as imoral as abortion.

20 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen.

that is the stupidest thing i have heard in a long time. if something doesn't have the capability to live then how the fuck is it alive!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

you have to be a troll......or a hick.

Hes just some edgy far alt righter.

- snip-

16 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Not a straw man at all.  I just find it interesting how a civilization praising the concept of heroes were also of the belief that killing off the pool of people where these same heroes were believed to come from.  Bit ironic, but shows what they actually valued over what they claimed to value. 

Main point was that these folks determined that life started 10 days (or so) after birth of a child.  So legally the definition is somewhat arbitrary. 

I'm of the opinion that once a woman knows she's pregnant and the fetus is viable, typically 20 weeks or so, she is morally obligated to care for it and herself through the full term of the pregnancy.  Current law is pretty much in line with that, although it's rare to prosecute women who don't do the responsible thing (i.e., the crack baby situation).  

A woman who has no moral values can do whatever she wants within the bounds of the law, but should expect zero respect from those who follow their own moral principles.  The idea of praising abortion is ludicrous, and the pro choice side seems to project that, although I think the intent is to show support.  Just comes off wrong.

Believe there was a study out not too long ago that showed a strong correlation between the reduction in crime rates compared to abortion.  So like it or not, reducing the number of unwanted children does have an impact on reducing crime rates.

When you define life starting at the point of conception, you create a situation where the woman is put in a position where there are too many factors at play.  If there is a miscarriage, which can happen frequently to a lot of people who are absolutely wanting a child or for those who don't want one or just treat their body like shit, would the law require an investigation?  Way too many gray areas, and that's before a woman might decide to seek out an abortion.  While it's true that genetics can determine certain things and the probability of whether a child will be viable, there are too many factors involved, some that depend on how things go in the womb and what the woman does to care and nuture both herself and the unborn child. 

There is something wrong with someone who repeatedly has an abortion out of convenience without a change in behavior.  But I believe there are as many of these cases as there are women who have been raped and carry an unwanted child - that being few, and rare.  But these are the two extremes people want to throw out when arguing this subject. 

7 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Hes just some edgy far alt righter.

isnt that code for c***

6 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

Have you ever heard of an underdeveloped organism or any living creature in poor health requiring medical intervention ? Such creatures are less capable of living and would most definitely die without medical intervention, and they are alive ( not for long though ). When somebody has a serious medical condition, we try and help them instead of saying they are incapable of living and leave them to die or kill them.

less capable is not the same not capable and really thats what your argument hinges on. 

6 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

Just a bunch of idiots who don't pay proper attention to the signs. That doesn't prove anything. There are some early symptoms like cramping a few days after sex, which should be a warning sign. Always erring on the side of caution and not brushing off cramps after sex as simply a period would be good. Boils down to responsible behaviour in the end...... If you can't even take off a bit of time to figure out you are pregnant, how the hell are you gonna take care of a baby ??

seriously your are really showing how little you understand what your talking about and how iggnorant you really are.  seriously, some cramping, woman get cramps all the time around there cycle how the fuck they ment to know the diferance!.....i mean have you felt these cramps? have you had sex? and i ask that to ascertain just how much experience you have being in a long term committed relationship.....or any relationship for that matter some of your comments seam to say you have very little. 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

6 hours ago, RocketFarmer said:

Not a straw man at all.  I just find it interesting how a civilization praising the concept of heroes were also of the belief that killing off the pool of people where these same heroes were believed to come from.  Bit ironic, but shows what they actually valued over what they claimed to value. 

Youre comparing ancient greek mythology to modern circumstances... just... what the hell? So because there are stories from an ancient civilisation that said some "killed off" babies became heroes we should deny abortion rights to woman in modern society? Then try and pass a moral judgement on it? That is defineably a strawman.

Main point was that these folks determined that life started 10 days (or so) after birth of a child.  So legally the definition is somewhat arbitrary. 

Then should we put the "starting point of life" at the first time a man looks at a woman's tits? Bioligically it is not arbitrary, and putting it at first concious thought would not be arbitrary. If genetic information has rights you better pay healthcare for my nailclippings.

I'm of the opinion that once a woman knows she's pregnant and the fetus is viable, typically 20 weeks or so, she is morally obligated to care for it and herself through the full term of the pregnancy.  Current law is pretty much in line with that, although it's rare to prosecute women who don't do the responsible thing (i.e., the crack baby situation).  

I agree. If a woman can provide for that baby she should by all means have it. However, if having the baby ruins her life along with putting a new human in a bad situation, "get the coathanger"

A woman who has no moral values can do whatever she wants within the bounds of the law, but should expect zero respect from those who follow their own moral principles.  The idea of praising abortion is ludicrous, and the pro choice side seems to project that, although I think the intent is to show support.  Just comes off wrong.

Nobody praises abortion. Ive never seen someone walking around the streets tellign everyone they should get abortions. I support a womans right to choose. 

Also, who gives a fuck about what other "more principled" people think?

Believe there was a study out not too long ago that showed a strong correlation between the reduction in crime rates compared to abortion.  So like it or not, reducing the number of unwanted children does have an impact on reducing crime rates.

Agreed.

When you define life starting at the point of conception, you create a situation where the woman is put in a position where there are too many factors at play.  If there is a miscarriage, which can happen frequently to a lot of people who are absolutely wanting a child or for those who don't want one or just treat their body like shit, would the law require an investigation?  Way too many gray areas, and that's before a woman might decide to seek out an abortion.  While it's true that genetics can determine certain things and the probability of whether a child will be viable, there are too many factors involved, some that depend on how things go in the womb and what the woman does to care and nuture both herself and the unborn child. 

Agreed.

There is something wrong with someone who repeatedly has an abortion out of convenience without a change in behavior.  But I believe there are as many of these cases as there are women who have been raped and carry an unwanted child - that being few, and rare.  But these are the two extremes people want to throw out when arguing this subject. 

Agreed. Contraception should always be the go to.

- snip-

In other news , Pope has setup a team to debunk Fake Gods

Details separate people.

36 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Youre comparing ancient greek mythology to modern circumstances... just... what the hell? So because there are stories from an ancient civilisation that said some "killed off" babies became heroes we should deny abortion rights to woman in modern society? Then try and pass a moral judgement on it? That is defineably a strawman.

Incorrect assertion of what I have stated.  Read it again.  No judgment passed, just find it interesting in the situation where a specific group that idealized heroism held a somewhat pragmatic practice (pragmatic in their time) of infanticide.  If there's a comparison to be made it's that these decisions (when to declare legally when life begins) are often as complex and arbitrary as they are today.

42 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Then should we put the "starting point of life" at the first time a man looks at a woman's tits? Bioligically it is not arbitrary, and putting it at first concious thought would not be arbitrary. If genetic information has rights you better pay healthcare for my nailclippings.

Proof of conscious thought is indeed arbitrary.  Right now it's in the realm of theory that is not settled science.  So it's not so easy to know precisely when a human is a "person" other than the standard biological measures.  Among the first of these is a separate heartbeat, which occurs quite early in gestation.

Oh and Google/Facebook/Amazon owns everyone's DNA - or at least that's their goal.  [I'm joking, btw]

50 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

Also, who gives a fuck about what other "more principled" people think?

Apparently the people who are offended by what they say or think.  I agree, if you don't share the same morals or principles, you shouldn't really care.

I'd also say those with so-called moral principles should not harass those who choose to live a different way.  But you'll always have a busybody that will make it their mission in life to tell other people they're wrong.  I think they totally missed the point on morals as self-guiding.