Will this MOBO do the job?

Could anyone please help me with this, I am a streamer (no self promo, its relevant to the topic) and I am currently moving from team  red to team blue since AMD are not good enough to stream games such as GTA5 or even H1Z1. I was just hoping someone could tell me if the i5-6600 would be a good choice and since I am not gonna be overclocking, will the MSI H110M-PRO-D be good enough for my system? I will be using 8GB of 2400Mhz RAM (I know the board is only 2133mhz) with it along side my current STRIX GTX 970 GPU. I usually stream in 720p so I'm hoping those parts will give me a smoother stream.

My current potato has a FX 6350 OC to 4.1Ghz and it does pretty well to be honest but I just need that bit more power so will the 6600 be a decent upgrade?

the items I have listed are limited by funds so if its not good enough, what could you lot recommend in that price range?

1 minute ago, NewToTech said:

Could anyone please help me with this, I am a streamer (no self promo, its relevant to the topic) and I am currently moving from team  red to team blue since AMD are not good enough to stream games such as GTA5 or even H1Z1. I was just hoping someone could tell me if the i5-6600 would be a good choice and since I am not gonna be overclocking, will the MSI H110M-PRO-D be good enough for my system? I will be using 8GB of 2400Mhz RAM (I know the board is only 2133mhz) with it along side my current STRIX GTX 970 GPU. I usually stream in 720p so I'm hoping those parts will give me a smoother stream.

My current potato has a FX 6350 OC to 4.1Ghz and it does pretty well to be honest but I just need that bit more power so will the 6600 be a decent upgrade?

the items I have listed are limited by funds so if its not good enough, what could you lot recommend in that price range?

yes it will work fine.

It will be a nice improvement. The mobo and CPU will work together just fine. The only recommendation I have is to go for a 6700 instead if streaming GTAV is something you do a lot. The 66 will still be a huge improvent over what you have but the extra threads on the i7 would be a really nice touch.

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, pwn_intended said:

It will be a nice improvement. The mobo and CPU will work together just fine. The only recommendation I have is to go for a 6700 instead if streaming GTAV is something you do a lot. The 66 will still be a huge improvent over what you have but the extra threads on the i7 would be a really nice touch.

I would love to but I am buying the CPU preowned and the 6600 is only £140 and the 6700 is £210 which, on a budget is a crippling increase. Thanks for replying though and for taking time to read my boring post :P

Need a gold plated Asus Maximus suspended in liquid nitrogen at a baseclock of 750MHz ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Excuse my broken keyboard

Spoiler

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU - RX Vega 64

SSD - Samsung 970 M.2 500GB

HDD - WD Black 4TB

Mobo - Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming

RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4

PSU - Corsair RM1000x

I would actually see if you could get a i3-7350K and a Z series motherboard, it beats most i5s.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

On 06/01/2017 at 6:16 PM, arnavvr said:

I would actually see if you could get a i3-7350K and a Z series motherboard, it beats most i5s.

Well you don't need Z boards with the i5s and from what have seen it's slower than many of the i5s in new games:

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

The i3 wont work with streaming. Cores > threads 

If anyone asks you never saw me.