Anyone going/ gone to poor man's Computex this year?

One benefit of AMD being late this time is that they have something to show at CES, meaning it won't ALL be smurtfones and smurtcars and smurtrefrigerators, your grandma's notepad and similar yucky things this year.

In addition there's the wave of HDR monitors to check out (though, knowing CES, most companies will bring a TV or two and give you a blank stare if you ask about monitors)

If anyone's going, I have a request: see if you can sneak into wherever the Ryzen demo machine is and put your hand on the CPU heatsink for science.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

11 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

I found out the other day there's smart candles now. Lord help us

I hope they will have WIFI, RGB lighting, quick charge and are runing over 5GHz with 32GB RAM now B| 

15 minutes ago, Narnash said:

I hope they will have WIFI, RGB lighting, quick charge and are runing over 5GHz with 32GB RAM now B| 

Only if they're not made by apple...16gb is enough for them.(f**king iCandles)

1 minute ago, Wardaddy said:

Only if they're not made by apple...16gb is enough for them.(f**king iCandles)

Yeah and the only model that is affortable comes with a 250GB SSD directly soldered on the board, fml.

7 hours ago, Narnash said:

Yeah and the only model that is affortable comes with a 250GB SSD directly soldered on the board, fml.

At least the soldering job will be so nice you'll want to frame it.

Which is probably the best use you'll get out of it.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

7 hours ago, Prysin said:

excellent. They'll burn yer house down at the best possible time.

If we're honest, that's not the worst possible getaway I've seen in case your, erm, planned evening is not going as planned. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

If we're honest, that's not the worst possible getaway I've seen in case your, erm, planned evening is not going as planned. 

*phone rings* 

her: Who's that?

him: who? oh... its nothing, just my mom...

her: OMG!!!! the candles are setting fire to the table. EHRMAGAWD call 911, call obama, do something!?!?!?!?!?

him: relax, i't could be worse.

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

*phone rings* 

her: Who's that?

him: who? oh... its nothing, just my mom...

her: OMG!!!! the candles are setting fire to the table. EHRMAGAWD call 911, call obama, do something!?!?!?!?!?

him: relax, i't could be worse.

Ha, thats funny ... because it's true!

At least I'm happy that they still manufature them with more than one thunderbolt port, I hate those special wax dongle thingys you need to use when you neet to plug an Rj45 ethernet kable in them, imagine you would have to do that for simply USB devices, too >:( 

The worst is that they also melt down in less than an hour, too. They really need to use sturdier wax components for these iCandles :dry: (and mind that their graphics chips broke year by year just organic junk)

CES is not some poor man's computex. That shit is expensive and you need to be part of the tech industry to get in. Computex, which is 5 months away, allows regular people to go in and check it out. No kids doe.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

17 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

CES is not some poor man's computex. That shit is expensive

"Poor man's" is synonymous to "pale copy of" and refers to being poor in spirit and worthiness, not literally for the poor.