Subforums in build logs for air or water cooling

0ld_Chicken

Sorry if this has been discussed but I couldn't find anything about it.  Would it be possible to create sub forums within the build logs section, with one for air cooling and one for water cooling?

I've been looking for some really inspired, air-cooled builds but it seems really difficult with the vast amount of watercooled builds that occur in the logs.  Perhaps I'm just missing something or not doing it right xD Let me know if that's the case!

I know that there are tons of build logs and they'd have to be categorized but I'm willing to help if that means anything!

P.S. If i may add an afterthought.  I've always wanted the ability to filter any replies that arent from the OP while in the build logs.  that'd be dreamy  :x

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

This seems to be similar to suggestion we had about moving AIO threads off water cooling section. The main idea of that was to make more room for discussion about more extreme projects. What makes these so similar would be the end result. Having separate section won't mean there will be more build logs with air cooling. It would rather mean that air subforum would be quiet place.

So the reason of dividing sections because there's little content about something or it's hard to find isn't very good. If there would be plenty of both styles, there would be more reason for dividing them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

This seems to be similar to suggestion we had about moving AIO threads off water cooling section. The main idea of that was to make more room for discussion about more extreme projects. What makes these so similar would be the end result. Having separate section won't mean there will be more build logs with air cooling. It would rather mean that air subforum would be quiet place.

So the reason of dividing sections because there's little content about something or it's hard to find isn't very good. If there would be plenty of both styles, there would be more reason for dividing them.

Watercooling has a decent balance of aio/custom loop material and I feel that would also be a great division (though it's clearly been discussed and shot down).

I feel having a quiet category and a different full category would be leagues better than one noisy crammed category where nothing can be found but perhaps that is just me.  I don't see the problem with that at all.  I guess ltt pays by the sub-forum :P

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

19 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

I feel having a quiet category and a different full category would be leagues better than one noisy crammed category where nothing can be found but perhaps that is just me.  I don't see the problem with that at all.  I guess ltt pays by the sub-forum :P

Another issue is with the division to air and water cooling. If there was poll about it, why would they be only dividers? When forum was new, we had own subforum for small form factor stuff. I can imagine that it would be among the most vocal ones to be separated from build logs. Or rather have division between ATX standard and others. Now, I don't browse that subforuum at all, so I'm guessing with possible dividers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv