Soro

My pc's specs are:

Case: Cooler Master N300

Motherboard: Asus H81M-C

RAM: 4GB DDR3-1600 (4x1)

CPU: i5 - 4460

GPU: Powercolor Red Devil RX 470

Monitor: Samsung 18.5 (1366x768)

I have a pair of Altec Lansing kickback headphones. No amps or whatsoever. When I plugged my headphones to the rear, I tested it by playing songs with thick basslines. It sounded bad, the bass isn't even there the whole time. But when I plug it to the front, it sounded better, there was a lot more kick from the earcups. May I ask why does this happen? Probably static problems?

play with the onboard audio softs EQ a bit , make sure you have it on stereo & also do make sure your audio codec channel out is set to 2 channels

Details separate people.

make sure the sound connector thing from the front case panel is connected on the HD audio plug on the motherboard

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2016 at 7:57 PM, psycoUSA said:

make sure the sound connector thing from the front case panel is connected on the HD audio plug on the motherboard

It wasn't, but it was working.

On 12/22/2016 at 7:53 PM, Tech_Dreamer said:

play with the onboard audio softs EQ a bit , make sure you have it on stereo & also do make sure your audio codec channel out is set to 2 channels

They're all in stereo and as default? Why do I have to make sure?

4 hours ago, Soro said:

They're all in stereo and as default? Why do I have to make sure?

sometimes if you connect a surround setup first, it detects it as mutichannel & sets it as default wont change it back when connecting a headphone later, thought that couldve been a problem as it could make you real audio sound less loud making you think its bad, otherwise assuming your mobo audio is poorly shielded or the headphones impedance is making you feel the  difference

Details separate people.

I have no other audio device but my headphones. I just think I get less power from the rear jack, which could explain why it feels empty on the low end.