Why is my Wake-on-LAN not working?

Kitten of the Broccoli

I can't figure this out. I've done everything necessary to enable WoL: turn off Windows Fast Startup, enable Magic Packets, open port 9 for my PC's IP, and enable the "Power On by PCIe" option in my BIOS. What's weird about this is that I've gotten it to work, and it still "technically" does.

So, I DID have this working perfectly fine at one point, where I'd be able to remote into my PC while I was out, and if my PC happened to have fallen asleep, I could just send the WoL command no problem. Then, one day, it just straight-up stopped working for God knows why. I tried fixing it, but just gave up and opted to have my computer never sleep, and just have my BIOS turn it on at 9:45 every morning.

But, yesterday, I thought I'd give it another go. The only thing that's changed since my last attempt is that my PC is no longer connected directly to the router, but a network switch. I got everything setup the way they're supposed to be, and even downloaded a program that tells me if my computer is receiving packets on ports of my choosing(port 9, in this case). And guess what? The program is detecting my packets. I even tried putting my computer to sleep, and sending the WoL requests, and my computer woke up! Then, I went a step further, shutting my computer down, and I powered it back on remotely.

So, you might be thinking,"I don't  see the problem here. All looks well. Why is he still talking?" Here's the kicker: when I woke up this morning, I wanted to test it out again by powering my PC on for the day using my phone(it's what I've been sending the packets with). The verdict? Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

So, despite the fact that my computer is STILL receiving the WoL packets(I checked with the program again), and despite this all working perfectly fine last night, it just refuses to work! In case it's not obvious, I am beyond stumped as to what I could have done wrong. I was thinking maybe my new network switch could have been the issue, but A. the WoL stopped working before I had the switch, and B. my router still sees my computer and all of my other connected devices under different IP addresses. I've also made my PC's IP static, so that's can't be the issue, and when I was testing it this morning, I even tried sending requests to the local IP itself, rather than my public IP via port 9.

Does anybody have any suggestions? 

1. Go to your device manager

2. Find your wifi card/adapter

3. Right click it and click "properties"

4. There should be a power management tab (or something like it)

5. Check "allow this device to wake the computer"

That's all I got, hope it helps :) 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

is your computer set to use DHCP or does it have a static ip?  it could be that shut down  is changing your ip address.

what program are you using to send magic packets by the way?  my workstation (asus  delux ii mobo)  has a 6F initilization error when it comes back from sleep, so i haven't put it to sleep in 2 months.  just letting it go into the lowest c state it can, but i would like to go ahead and fix that problem and get it to sleep. 

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

1. Go to your device manager

2. Find your wifi card/adapter

3. Right click it and click "properties"

4. There should be a power management tab (or something like it)

5. Check "allow this device to wake the computer"

That's all I got, hope it helps :) 

It's been enabled since my last attempt at this, but thanks anyway.

59 minutes ago, JCBiggs said:

is your computer set to use DHCP or does it have a static ip?  it could be that shut down  is changing your ip address.

what program are you using to send magic packets by the way?  my workstation (asus  delux ii mobo)  has a 6F initilization error when it comes back from sleep, so i haven't put it to sleep in 2 months.  just letting it go into the lowest c state it can, but i would like to go ahead and fix that problem and get it to sleep. 

I already said that my PC's IP is static. In my router, I have the IP address 10.0.0.26 reserved for my computer's MAC address. Also, I'd like to point out that I put my computer to sleep again earlier, and was able to wake it up. Though, this doesn't mean much because last time I tried this, it'd work at first, but after, like, 15 or so minutes, it wouldn't wake up unless I hit a key on my keyboard.