Need suggestions on a 10-keyless Mechanical Keyboard

Henryxrl

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a minimalistic 10-keyless mechanical keyboard, mainly for everyday typing and programming. I don't need very flashy RGB or super big gaming logos. Just a minimalistic design is all I need.

Required:

1. 10-keyless

2. Brown switches

3. White LED (easy for typing at night)

4. Best if there's a USB (preferably 3.0) pass through

I went online and found many choices which make me even more confused... From Cooler Master alone, I see MasterKeys Pro S, MasterKeys Pro M, QuickFire Rapid, QuickFire Rapid i... 

Really hope to get your suggestions.

8 minutes ago, Henryxrl said:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a minimalistic 10-keyless mechanical keyboard, mainly for everyday typing and programming. I don't need very flashy RGB or super big gaming logos. Just a minimalistic design is all I need.

Required:

1. 10-keyless

2. Brown switches

3. White LED (easy for typing at night)

4. Best if there's a USB (preferably 3.0) pass through

I went online and found many choices which make me even more confused... From Cooler Master alone, I see MasterKeys Pro S, MasterKeys Pro M, QuickFire Rapid, QuickFire Rapid i... 

Really hope to get your suggestions.

wasd.com?

im pretty happy with my QuickfireTK with blue switches, great for typing and im pretty sure you can get it with browns and reds too

*edit*

the backlighting and function key toggle are a bit of a pain to deal with in some cases but its usiually not a problem for me

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

im pretty happy with my QuickfireTK with blue switches, great for typing and im pretty sure you can get it with browns and reds too

Thanks! But I want a 10 key-less though... Any other suggestions?

Just now, Henryxrl said:

Thanks! But I want a 10 key-less though... Any other suggestions?

well its basically TKL if you have the numpad toggled of, you get all the normal keys in there place, delete, pg up/down, arrow keys, ect :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well its basically TKL if you have the numpad toggled of, you get all the normal keys in there place, delete, pg up/down, arrow keys, ect :) 

I see what you mean. The reason I want a 10 keyless is because with the numpad, there's a lot of movement involved on my right arm when switching back and forth between keyboard and mouse (I'm right handed). I'm actually thinking of buying a 10 keyless and then a separate dedicated numpad and put it on the left side of my keyboard.

4 minutes ago, Henryxrl said:

I see what you mean. The reason I want a 10 keyless is because with the numpad, there's a lot of movement involved on my right arm when switching back and forth between keyboard and mouse (I'm right handed). I'm actually thinking of buying a 10 keyless and then a separate dedicated numpad and put it on the left side of my keyboard.

well with the QuickfireTK you can just press numlock :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

If it doesn't have to have white backlit, try Ducky One TKL RGB and MasterKeys Pro S, but you already mentioned the latter.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

If it doesn't have to have white backlit, try Ducky One TKL RGB and MasterKeys Pro S, but you already mentioned the latter.

Ducky looks cool. Let me watch some Youtube videos on it. :)

7 minutes ago, Henryxrl said:

Ducky looks cool. Let me watch some Youtube videos on it. :)

Ducky keyboards are basically as good as keyboards get. Definitely a recommendation. 

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Ducky keyboards are basically as good as keyboards get. Definitely a recommendation. 

Better than say, CM or Das?

i'm using the MK Disco at the moment https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1540 it uses KBT browns but the difference between it and cherry browns is very small. perhaps a little smoother for the KBT but that is all i am feeling 

the only bits i would criticize about it is the keycaps are ABS double-shot, so it'll shine a bit sooner. 

the legends for the keycaps also don't shine as well as i thought it would. there is no software either, but it comes with an accessible manual to do the RGB customization. the MK Disco is technically advertised as a TKL Ducky shine five (mechanicalkeyboards and Ducky actually collaborated to make this keyboard), though it's still missing some of the customization options the real shine five has. 

7 hours ago, Henryxrl said:

Better than say, CM or Das?

That is kind of a subjective thing tbh. I do think Ducky is better, but that doesn't meant that CM or Das are bad, on the contrary, they have some amazing keyboards, but imo the Ducky (and Filco) are in its own class when it comes to reliability. I do like their simple designs as well, no macros and stuff. The truth is, you would probably be happy with either one of their keyboards. 

I've been happy with the two Cooler Master Storm Rapid i TKL that i have so far. Well priced and as good as any more expensive one imho (I have a Deck Francium TKL as well, prefer the CM, easier to read)...

·Ï¢årµ§·

i7 4790k · 32GB Kingston HyperX · MSI Gaming 5 · ... · 30" HP ZR30W + 27" Samsung 275T · 2x240GB Intel 530 in Raid 0 + 2x1TB Crucial MX500 · Lain-Li X2000F · Antec Signature SG-850 · BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 Pro · Logitech Z5500 · Win10pro 64bit

1 hour ago, Aytex said:

HHKB, Anne Pro, Infinity 60, CM Novatouch, pok3r 

Iirc only Anne Pro is backlit/RGB between those? And it' BT so it might not work for OP. 

9 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

That is kind of a subjective thing tbh. I do think Ducky is better, but that doesn't meant that CM or Das are bad, on the contrary, they have some amazing keyboards, but imo the Ducky (and Filco) are in its own class when it comes to reliability. I do like their simple designs as well, no macros and stuff. The truth is, you would probably be happy with either one of their keyboards. 

Filco is the shit. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)