Cpu recommendation

Hello all i am looking at building a new PC, i currently have a i5 650 and can not decide between the 6600k or 6700k or wait for the AMD Zen. What is your recommendation? I currently game on the PC but i have near future plans for web development and podcast creation.

any thoughts would be great! Thank you. 

What are you pairing it with?

How much money are you willing to spend?

If you're planning on a 6600k or 6700k you do know you'll need to upgrade to an LGA1151 motherboard?

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

The items that will be coming from my current pc are as follows

LG Blue Ray burner

GTX 1070

3TB SSHD Seagate

500GB Samsung 850 SSD

750W GOkd Thermolake Power Supply

I will be getting new ram of course plan on 16GB 

4 minutes ago, Inception9269 said:

How much money are you willing to spend?

If you're planning on a 6600k or 6700k you do know you'll need to upgrade to an LGA1151 motherboard?

only thing I can say is get what yo want dawg.

The price difference fluctuates a bit depending on the retailer, but there's typically a 100 or less price difference. I'd rather pay the extra 100 and get the better cpu

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Yup i know i will need a new Motherboard and Ram. My only hesitation is the AMD Zen i am not a AMD fan boy at all and have not used them in 10 years but from what i have seen it may be a game changer. 

4 minutes ago, Uefcommand said:

Yup i know i will need a new Motherboard and Ram. My only hesitation is the AMD Zen i am not a AMD fan boy at all and have not used them in 10 years but from what i have seen it may be a game changer. 

if you dont need it right now you should wait till zen, not only will you have another option but the prices of the other cpus will drop as well.

40 minutes ago, Uefcommand said:

Hello all i am looking at building a new PC, i currently have a i5 650 and can not decide between the 6600k or 6700k or wait for the AMD Zen. What is your recommendation? I currently game on the PC but i have near future plans for web development and podcast creation.

Hello there. I think that if you don't have much money then buy the 6600k and a good cooler And OC it, but if you want no compromises and a better performance for a bit more money then get the 6700k. To me they are very similar and if one is a higher speed than the other then just oc the lower speed on to the speed of the higher one. You get the same performance practically, but just at a lower cost if you get the 6600k. Hope this helped.

Kayotics.

What about future proof i want to get another several years out of this one 

1 hour ago, Uefcommand said:

I know you do that's why I am saying get the cheaper one with a good cooler to make sure it's life is extended and it dosen't have a short life due to heat. Do you know what I mean

4 hours ago, Uefcommand said:

No such thing as future proof. As for Zen, we know nothing about its performance. As for Intel, get the i7, it will last you a while. But wait for Zen to launch.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

2 hours ago, incarnate said:

No such thing as future proof. As for Zen, we know nothing about its performance. As for Intel, get the i7, it will last you a while. But wait for Zen to launch.

I agree with you.

13 hours ago, Uefcommand said:

Wait for Zen, mate. Zen is going to blow Intel out of the water *Sound Of Intel Fanboys Getting Triggered*

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

13 hours ago, Uefcommand said:

Wait until Jan or Feb and get a Z270 board and a 7700k. You should definitely have a system that you can swap a new GPU into a couple times over the next 5 years.

Other option is Zen or a 6800k build.