How do case fans work?

How do case fans work? do you put some of them so that the air blows into the case and then others blow air out? for example heres a picure i will make
x = fans,    I = Case,     arrows = the way the air is going from the fan

/                                                   x --------->

x --->                                             I

I                                                    x -------->

I                                                    I

I__________________________I

if this is the case then i would install some of my fans to blow inwards and the others outwards right? and whats with the labeling of "static pressured" and such?

Also with all in one water coolers, i have to install fans onto the radiator?

^ = airflow  

i

^                                                ^

I                                                 I

xxxxxxxxxx                               xxxxxxxxxxxx                     <-- fans

________________________________________   <- radiator surface

Static pressure - Allows pushing air through tight spaces, but less air flow compared to "air flow" fans. 

and yes. You'd need intake and maybe exhaust if you wanted. 

1 minute ago, chowderblue said:

Also with all in one water coolers, i have to install fans onto the radiator?

^ = airflow  

i

^                                                ^

I                                                 I

xxxxxxxxxx                               xxxxxxxxxxxx                     <-- fans

________________________________________   <- radiator surface

Yeah, you do, static pressure fans work well with rads. 

Just now, Wolther said:

Static pressure - Allows pushing air through tight spaces, but less air flow compared to "air flow" fans. 

but they're not marked as exhaust or intake fans right? they're all the same i just put them different ways?

Just now, Wolther said:

and they blow upwards right? if i were to install the radiator on the top of the case i would put the fans on top to blow upwards?

Two intake, one exhaust is generally a good setup for case fans unless you're running dual GPUs, have a case without great airflow, etc.

Radiator fans generally perform better when pushing air through the radiator, rather than pulling it. Unless you're doing a push-pull setup which, again, is only really necessary if you have a thick radiator.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Two intake, one exhaust is generally a good setup for case fans unless you're running dual GPUs, have a case without great airflow, etc.

Radiator fans generally perform better when pushing air through the radiator, rather than pulling it. Unless you're doing a push-pull setup which, again, is only really necessary if you have a thick radiator.

what? oh boy. so on the bottom of my case i put 2 intake fans? and then if i install my radiator and its 2 static pressure fans on top of the case they would push out. this is my build :https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CJWXJV

2 hours ago, Wolther said:

Linus and JayZ2cents agree, as well as others, that push or pull does not matter. Pull is easier for cleaning. Tot mounted fans should always blow up, you dont want to fight convection (heat rises).

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

4 minutes ago, asand1 said:

Linus and JayZ2cents agree, as well as others, that push or pull does not matter. Pull is easier for cleaning. Tot mounted fans should always blow up, you dont want to fight convection (heat rises).

Nothing I said disagreed with what you told me. Why was I quoted? 

Just now, Wolther said:

Nothing I said disagreed with what you told me. Why was I quoted? 

I misread your post, thought you were saying to use static pressure fans and push through the radiators in reference to OPs  second post. You kind of did in your second post.

2 hours ago, Wolther said:

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

1 minute ago, asand1 said:

I misread your post, thought you were saying to use static pressure fans and push through the radiators in reference to OPs  second post. You kind of did in your second post.

Does he have to install a fan on a rad? Yes he does. 

Do static pressure fans work better on rads compared to 'air flow' fans? Yes they do.