zotac gtx 1070 amp on asrock 990fx killer

Bought a Zotac Gtx 1070 amp edition from Canada Computers yesterday for $603 total, 

Question: Not sure if I need to buy a new mobo as the pcie2 is the only connector I can attach the Zotac too and think bottom of the card may be resting on a capacitor, don't want to burn out my card & do damage to the mobo. Does anyone know of a site that has mobo's & compatible cards

It will not burn but that old motherboard will have an old cpu and will certainly bottlneck the gpu

As long as it has PCIE x16 it will fine

7 minutes ago, Wirelessmikey said:

Bought a Zotac Gtx 1070 amp edition from Canada Computers yesterday for $603 total, 

Question: Not sure if I need to buy a new mobo as the pcie2 is the only connector I can attach the Zotac too and think bottom of the card may be resting on a capacitor, don't want to burn out my card & do damage to the mobo. Does anyone know of a site that has mobo's & compatible cards

Even the best processor that is compatible with that motherboard will bottleneck that GPU. You should get a new mobo and CPU if you want any performance benefit.

I had a nvidia gtx 750ti, not the best for battlefield 1 or titan fall 2, that's why I upgraded my video card.

5 minutes ago, Wirelessmikey said:

I had a nvidia gtx 750ti, not the best for battlefield 1 or titan fall 2, that's why I upgraded my video card.

which is a good thing! except you will be lucky to see over 60% GPU usage

6 minutes ago, Wirelessmikey said:

funny enough, battlefield 1 is a cpu heavy game

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

funny enough, battlefield 1 is a cpu heavy game

basically just run the game at the lowest res and settings possible, with the 750ti and that will be the performance u get on the 1070.