Weird FPS drops after buying new gpu

SirGh0st

Hi guys, I'm trying Linus forums for the first time so i hope i'll have more luck here than on reddit. So, recently i bought a new GPU, r9 380, and in some games (most noticible in GTA 5) I'm having low fps for no reason. I have i3-3240 3.40 ghz and before i bought new gpu i had GTX 650 Ti and on same settings it runs significantly better about 30,40 fps more, which makes no sense because it is weaker GPU. And on the other hand game like Witcher 3 can run amazingly good (1080p, high, 70+ fps). I've noticed that on Wither gpu is at 100% usage and on gta about 50 or lower and sometimes it just jumping from 0 to 100. Temps stays about 65C in Witcher, in GTA about 50C. I've tried reinstalling the game with no effect but I've noticed that after reinstall and playing the PROLOG, the game was running completly fine with gpu being at 100% and 65C as it should but when i came to the Los Santos it starts again having low fps. Other components: ram: Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb, psu: FSP Hyper M 600 (just bought it hoping it will solve the problem, no luck there) mobo: Asus P8B75-M LX, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 32mb cache 1TB. I will add any information if needed.

UPDATE1:  

here is the usage, from beggining i was thinking cpu could be bottleneck but than when i had old gpu (gtx 650 ti) it could achiev higher fps(same cpu). I've also added DXDiag if it helps anyhow.

o.png  

Gh0st67, 30.10.2016 DXDiag.txt

I was thinking maybe not enough power but the PSU should be fine, are the drivers up to date for it?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

It could be a throttling problem.

What R9 380 model is that? What temperatures are you getting? VRAM usage? GTAV with mods?

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

4 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

It could be a throttling problem.

What R9 380 model is that? What temperatures are you getting? VRAM usage? GTAV with mods?

All drivers are up to date, it MSI AMD R9 380 Armor 2X 2GB, I've already mentioned temperatures - about 60-65C at load, GTA is without mods, just vanilla, VRAM about 1.5/1.6 in GTA.

4 hours ago, RKRiley said:

I was thinking maybe not enough power but the PSU should be fine, are the drivers up to date for it?

Yeah i just bought it so i should be fine. All drivers are up to date. (even bios etc.)

18 hours ago, SirGh0st said:

All drivers are up to date, it MSI AMD R9 380 Armor 2X 2GB, I've already mentioned temperatures - about 60-65C at load, GTA is without mods, just vanilla, VRAM about 1.5/1.6 in GTA.

Try turning off all anti-aliasing. Maybe it's a bug.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

On 11/25/2016 at 3:54 PM, YoloSwag said:

Try turning off all anti-aliasing. Maybe it's a bug.

no luck there :( i don't understand, it doesn't make any sense

Did you uninstall old drivers from Nvidia before installing AMD one? Try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and check if that helps.

Did you figured it out? I also have kind like the same problem. Bought a r9 fury, I get 20 fps in cs go.

12 hours ago, Yoola said:

Did you uninstall old drivers from Nvidia before installing AMD one? Try using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and check if that helps.

Of course i did many times because i was also trying older AMD Drivers, the Catalyst ones but nothing i used DDU about 4 times. Now I'm using latest driver of AMD. I also tried uninstaling GTA and intalling again, the prolog was running SMOOTH AF like 120 fps on very high but when i come to Los Santos for second mission it started to drop to 30s (fps) i don't understand.

7 hours ago, CataD said:

Did you figured it out? I also have kind like the same problem. Bought a r9 fury, I get 20 fps in cs go.

So far no, I'm trying to fiure it out 3 months now and nothing. CS GO is CPU game so you need to have good cpu. Also try this command fps_max 0 and look up on YT for some launch options, that might help you. :)

I had something simmilar. But I was getting lag spikes instead of constantly being low on fps. Reinstalling windows helped me.

1 hour ago, Yoola said:

I had something simmilar. But I was getting lag spikes instead of constantly being low on fps. Reinstalling windows helped me.

I'm planing on buying new MOBO, CPU and SSD so i will need to reinstall win also, i hope this will sort it out for as well.