Building pc

DivingEagle
Go to solution Solved by Trav_X,
3 hours ago, DivingEagle said:

I was just browsing and this one looked great, and wasnt that expensive. Is there a cheaper one with same performance?

Not really. Most of the ones I mentioned are around the same price, and they all give similar performance. You could go with something like the Cryorig M9i which is a smaller height CPU tower which is only $20 USD, it would be a few degrees hottor but price to performance is technically better. I would just stick with the Pure Rock (if you're buying it between $25-35 USD, don't pay more than that), it's a great cooler and it's quite quiet. Not sure how that translates into your currency, just don't overpay. Look at the other coolers I mentioned in the last post and check prices, as long as they aren't drastically different then get the Pure Rock.

Hello everyone,

Im planning to build a pc. I never did it before so thats the reason I made this topic.

I searched around and at the end I made a list, which I think is good.

Parts:

- I5-6500

- nvidia 1060 3gb

- Gigabyte GA H110M S2H

- 2 x 4gb DDR4 ram

- be quit Pure Rock (cpu cooler)

- Cooler Master 450 Watt

- 1tb hdd 7200rpm

Total around €700,-

I also chose a nice looking Corsair Carbide.

I still have a few questions left.

1. Did I miss anything?!

2. Is the cpu cooler good enough?

3. Has the power supply enough power?

And the last one,

4. Is it bad that the ram is faster than my motherboard can handle?

Thank you for your time,

And all tips are welcome!

I'd recommend going for maybe a more powerful PSU, since having about 100 watts of headroom is a good idea.

"Better to be bad at video games than mad at video games" - BadAtVideogamesMan

2 minutes ago, DogeOfTech said:

I'd recommend going for maybe a more powerful PSU, since having about 100 watts of headroom is a good idea.

Not at all. I run with 50w of spare power just fine 

2 minutes ago, DogeOfTech said:

The dang thing will pull about 300-350 he good

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

3 minutes ago, DogeOfTech said:

I used a power supply calculater which said I needed 383 watt

The CPU cooler you've chosen will be more than enough for that CPU. The i5-6500 is a locked CPU, meaning you cannot overclock it above its' stock speeds. Because of that, you won't need a very powerful cooler such as a closed-loop liquid cooler. The be quiet! Pure Rock is a great performer that is around the performance of coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO, Deepcool GAMMAXX 400, or the Cryorig H7. All of those coolers would be great options for you, and the be quiet! would be the best out of those if your goal is a quieter system overall.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

5 minutes ago, DogeOfTech said:

That really is relative. Having 100 watts of headroom on a 1500 watt power-drawing system is not very safe or ideal, while 100 watts headroom on a 150 watt HTPC would be overkill. Generally, I'd say you'd want a PSU where your estimated max power draw would be around 2/3 to 4/5's (66%-80%) of the power that the PSU is marketed to supply.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

13 minutes ago, DivingEagle said:

I used a power supply calculater which said I needed 383 watt

Where are you buying?

Even if 450W is enough, every Cooler Master 450W PSU is trash, don't get it. I can look for a better one.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

12 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

The CPU cooler you've chosen will be more than enough for that CPU. The i5-6500 is a locked CPU, meaning you cannot overclock it above its' stock speeds. Because of that, you won't need a very powerful cooler such as a closed-loop liquid cooler. The be quiet! Pure Rock is a great performer that is around the performance of coolers like the Hyper 212 EVO, Deepcool GAMMAXX 400, or the Cryorig H7. All of those coolers would be great options for you, and the be quiet! would be the best out of those if your goal is a quieter system overall.

I was just browsing and this one looked great, and wasnt that expensive. Is there a cheaper one with same performance?

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Where are you buying?

Even if 450W is enough, every Cooler Master 450W PSU is trash, don't get it. I can look for a better one.

Just say a better one, I will search for it in the store. Im buying from two Dutch companies. 

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

10 minutes ago, DivingEagle said:

Whats wrong with the 3gb?

bottle necks the card, and its just not good in general.

3 hours ago, DivingEagle said:

Not really. Most of the ones I mentioned are around the same price, and they all give similar performance. You could go with something like the Cryorig M9i which is a smaller height CPU tower which is only $20 USD, it would be a few degrees hottor but price to performance is technically better. I would just stick with the Pure Rock (if you're buying it between $25-35 USD, don't pay more than that), it's a great cooler and it's quite quiet. Not sure how that translates into your currency, just don't overpay. Look at the other coolers I mentioned in the last post and check prices, as long as they aren't drastically different then get the Pure Rock.

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

I think it is good enough for me.

When u search 3gb vs 6gb there isnt much difference.