Need a £3000 gaming pc

Tricklix
Go to solution Solved by Stardar1,
2 minutes ago, Tricklix said:

I'm looking to spend £3k (A.K.A 4K Ultra)

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/RrBjWX
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/RrBjWX/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6850K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  (£575.99 @ Novatech) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A GAMING PRO CARBON ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (£282.58 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£169.99 @ Novatech) 
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£287.99 @ Novatech) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£45.48 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£689.33 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  (£689.33 @ Aria PC) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  (£162.15 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£119.99 @ Novatech) 
Other: Custom cooling 
Total: £3022.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-10-24 18:33 BST+0100

Just now, Tricklix said:

PC373D or game zero/one?

I personally use and love the Game Zero but it comes down to preference after all. Game one and PC 373d are both open-back so you get a nicer soundstage and lower temperatures (Game Zero do get a bit warm if your room is warm as well) at the cost of worse isolation. Also the game zero/one both don't have the Dolby surround thing. I've owned headphones with that before and it works fine but to be honest it's not really all that necessary. The PC 373d are deemed to be excellent though so if your budget is that high and your room is not too noisy I'd go with those.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

Just now, toasty6776 said:

I personally use and love the Game Zero but it comes down to preference after all. Game one and PC 373d are both open-back so you get a nicer soundstage and lower temperatures (Game Zero do get a bit warm if your room is warm as well) at the cost of worse isolation. Also the game zero/one both don't have the Dolby surround thing. I've owned headphones with that before and it works fine but to be honest it's not really all that necessary. The PC 373d are deemed to be excellent though so if your budget is that high and your room is not too noisy I'd go with those.

Ok, still need help on monitor ^_^

Ok, still need help on monitor ^_^

Wait a sec while I do some research..

WHIPLASH

Hey guys, I'm choosing between an SSD, 1tb samsung 850 pro or evo?

Just now, Tricklix said:

Hey guys, I'm choosing between an SSD, 1tb samsung 850 pro or evo?

If you're not a professional, very likely you will not notice the performance gap between the Evo and the pro. You should also look into the 960 Evo since that's NVMe and not SATA like the other two.

WHIPLASH

Just now, toasty6776 said:

If you're not a professional, very likely you will not notice the performance gap between the Evo and the pro. You should also look into the 960 Evo since that's NVMe and not SATA like the other two.

What does that mean? I've seen the 960 evo 1tb, but do i still need a hard drive?

6 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

Wait a sec while I do some research..

I personally like the ROG Swift line from Asus so you're looking into the PG27AQ at 4k or the PG279Q at 1440p. Just look for G-Sync 1-5ms response time and 100+Hz refresh rate at the desired resolution.

WHIPLASH

2 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

I personally like the ROG Swift line from Asus so you're looking into the PG27AQ at 4k or the PG279Q at 1440p. Just look for G-Sync 1-5ms response time and 100+Hz refresh rate at the desired resolution.

Aren't ROG monitors plagued with QC issues?

Aren't ROG monitors plagued with QC issues?

Not all of them. As far as I'm informed only some early batches of the PG279Q were impacted by that. So if you really want to go for 4k you should be fine.

WHIPLASH

1 hour ago, Gruenbaum said:

@Tricklix here is my list with all of the bells and whistles. Including all of the monitors keyboard headset ups mouse and sound card.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ns78HN

its only 2700 euros so that's 300 left over for a BADASS PC. Everything you will ever need for years 

1. This build is shit value 

No ultra wide games don't support it anymore. It's not the future and isn't much hype. Mostly used for work now

There was a hype train with it and some games support it yet but most games still use default scaling unfortunately... :/ 

2. These are wrong and more than BS.

I own a 3440x1440p display and EVERY game so far used it. And you know why? Because games are clever and can easily adopt to resolutions. Games that don't usually have fix.

So please stop spreading this shit.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

47 minutes ago, Tricklix said:

What does that mean? I've seen the 960 evo 1tb, but do i still need a hard drive?

The 960 line are not HDDs they're SSDs in M.2 form factor. NVMe (short for non-volatile memory express) is a protocol for flash storage that yields massive benefits in read/write performance compared to the standard SSDs of the past few years (like the 850 series). This is due to the omission of the SATA interface which caps out at 6Gb/s which was fine for older SSDs using the AHCI protocol (the one replaced by NVMe) but would essentially bottleneck something like a 950 pro/960evo/pro or an Intel 750 series. That's why these use the PCIe interface (either as an add-in card or via a PCIe compliant M.2 slot).

WHIPLASH

7 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

I own a 3440x1440p display and EVERY game so far used it. And you know why? Because games are clever and can easily adopt to resolutions. Games that don't usually have fix.

Now you made my decision hard :/

I'm thinking Acer Predator X34 or Asus ROG PG348Q?

Or an LG?

8 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

These were my thoughts exactly but I don't own an ultrawide so I didn't complain :P

WHIPLASH

5 minutes ago, Tricklix said:

Or an LG?

LGs are brilliant for work but not as good for games (at least for NVIDIA) because they generally lack G-Sync AFAIK. The other two are pretty much the same with different branding. I prefer the Predator's design but that choice is up to you.

WHIPLASH

10 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

If your going to call my post shit then show me where it is wrong. When is the last time you heard any new things coming out with ultra wide? Not for a long time. There is aweful screen stretching because of this "easy adoption to resolutions. Yes they fill it up but does it look good? No! The build isn't shit it's just using the money he wanted to spend. Show me where it is wrong. All the things in there are things that I feel are necessary and are opinions. You think yours is better than mine but I want to see where. How about you stop throwing out allegations and show some fact

4 minutes ago, Tricklix said:

Or an LG?

Well, depends. If your main purpose is gaming then get a G-Sync model with your GTX1080.

If it's not then enjoy the nicer colours of a sweet LG/Dell IPS panel.

4 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

These were my thoughts exactly but I don't own an ultrawide so I didn't complain :P

Next time you see someone spreading this shit you should totally complain ;)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

Do you only want to game on the system or are you also looking into content creation? If you don't mind I could compile a PPP list for either of the two that focuses on budget while still being totally BA not on absolutely wasting your money to reach that 3000 quid mark.

WHIPLASH

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

If it's not then enjoy the nicer colours of a sweet LG/Dell IPS panel.

Both the predator and the ROG are in fact IPS, so there should be almost no difference in color reproduction.

WHIPLASH

4 minutes ago, Gruenbaum said:

If your going to call my post shit then show me where it is wrong. When is the last time you heard any new things coming out with ultra wide? Not for a long time. There is aweful screen stretching because of this "easy adoption to resolutions. Yes they fill it up but does it look good? No! The build isn't shit it's just using the money he wanted to spend. Show me where it is wrong. All the things in there are things that I feel are necessary and are opinions. You think yours is better than mine but I want to see where. How about you stop throwing out allegations and show some fact

Geez y u so salty?

WHIPLASH

1 minute ago, Gruenbaum said:

Oh, because game get advertised with "Works in 1080p! And even 1440p AND OH MY GOD OUR GAME DOES 4K! WOOOO. But not 3440x1440p because fuck these people"

Oh you didn't? Thats what i thought.

EVERY game, especially every new game supports it! OFC Half Life 1 doesn't but well, does it support 4k?

Your built is shit because:

1. Overpriced ram. almost 300 POUNDS for 32gigs? kek. 

2. 1TB SSD? i mean, sure why not but

3. Why only a single 1080? Budget allows for MUCH more.

4. A crappy sound card? Why?

5. two useless fans extra. great.

6. wow that's a ugly screen. But i guess every competitve LOL gamer uses it? no not even.

7. yeah meh, a speaker setup that wasn't even asked for...

8. Unless there's some serious content on the PC, why a UPS?

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

5 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

Do you only want to game on the system or are you also looking into content creation? If you don't mind I could compile a PPP list for either of the two that focuses on budget while still being totally BA not on absolutely wasting your money to reach that 3000 quid mark.

Gaming and video rendering

2 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Oh, because game get advertised with "Works in 1080p! And even 1440p AND OH MY GOD OUR GAME DOES 4K! WOOOO. But not 3440x1440p because fuck these people"

Oh you didn't? Thats what i thought.

EVERY game, especially every new game supports it! OFC Half Life 1 doesn't but well, does it support 4k?

Your built is shit because:

1. Overpriced ram. almost 300 POUNDS for 32gigs? kek. 

2. 1TB SSD? i mean, sure why not but

3. Why only a single 1080? Budget allows for MUCH more.

4. A crappy sound card? Why?

5. two useless fans extra. great.

6. wow that's a ugly screen. But i guess every competitve LOL gamer uses it? no not even.

7. yeah meh, a speaker setup that wasn't even asked for...

8. Unless there's some serious content on the PC, why a UPS?

Mate, can you do one for me to see? I'm curious to see a really nice balanced build. (£4k inc everything)

Gaming and video rendering

In that case, you should look into X99 over Z170 since the extra cores really do come in handy for video encoding. I'd recommend a 6850k since that has the highest clock speed in the Broadwell-E lineup so it will perform best in games while still having 2 more cores and 4 more threads than a 6700k.

WHIPLASH

1 minute ago, toasty6776 said:

In that case, you should look into X99 over Z170 since the extra cores really do come in handy for video encoding. I'd recommend a 6850k since that has the highest clock speed in the Broadwell-E lineup so it will perform best in games while still having 2 more cores and 4 more threads than a 6700k.

can u do me a build pls? (£2900-3100)

1 minute ago, Tricklix said:

can u do me a build pls? (£2900-3100)

Sure. Do you want custom water cooling? Looks awesome but is pretty expensive. Do you have any preference as far as motherboard manufacturers go?

WHIPLASH