Droid Turbo worth it in 2016?

Chaos_Sorcerer

So...I'm in dire need of a phone. You won't believe how frustrating it is. I'm on my school's swim team as well as a handful of other clubs, and I can never let my parents know about the times and schedule and whatnot while I'm at school. I could borrow some friends' phones...but doing that every day seems a little...how should I put it...you know?

So my Mom's contract on her G3 is about to come to an end (should be over by mid-November), and my parents have told me I could have it if I wanted. Thing is, that means that my Mom has to get a new phone, for which she doesn't really see the need for an upgrade. So my parents have agreed that they'd put some money toward a brand-new phone for me. 

I've been considering the Droid Turbo as my option lately. Great, long, battery life; near-stock Android; brilliant display; awesome ruggedness + design; fast internals; and lots of storage (I'll be going for the 64GB option). 

So is it worth it in 2016? Please don't recommend me a OnePlus 3...that's $550+ after taxes here in Canada, and that goes a little over my budget. A new Droid Turbo is $300 + customs on EBay. What are some good alternatives around $300 CAD (less is obviously better)? 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

As an update, I've also found a Droid Turbo 2 for around $400 after customs and shipping. That's definitely flexing my budget, which I don't really want to do...but is it worth the extra price over the OG Turbo? That Shatterproof display looks awesome...

Also, are either of these phones compatible with Canadian GSM carriers? I know the listing for the Turbo reads "GSM", but does that mean it's GSM unlocked? I'm looking mostly at Wind Mobile and Koodo as my carrier options. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

11 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

So...I'm in dire need of a phone. You won't believe how frustrating it is. I'm on my school's swim team as well as a handful of other clubs, and I can never let my parents know about the times and schedule and whatnot while I'm at school. I could borrow some friends' phones...but doing that every day seems a little...how should I put it...you know?

So my Mom's contract on her G3 is about to come to an end (should be over by mid-November), and my parents have told me I could have it if I wanted. Thing is, that means that my Mom has to get a new phone, for which she doesn't really see the need for an upgrade. So my parents have agreed that they'd put some money toward a brand-new phone for me. 

I've been considering the Droid Turbo as my option lately. Great, long, battery life; near-stock Android; brilliant display; awesome ruggedness + design; fast internals; and lots of storage (I'll be going for the 64GB option). 

So is it worth it in 2016? Please don't recommend me a OnePlus 3...that's $550+ after taxes here in Canada, and that goes a little over my budget. A new Droid Turbo is $300 + customs on EBay. What are some good alternatives around $300 CAD (less is obviously better)? 

if thats real go for it 

2 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if thats real go for it 

Are there any alternatives that you'd recommend?

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Are there any alternatives that you'd recommend?

if you dont play games and love battery i would recommend you the motorola g4  the nexus 6 is also a choice but if you can afford it the 6p will be the best option 

On 10/22/2016 at 0:43 AM, nerdslayer1 said:

if you dont play games and love battery i would recommend you the motorola g4  the nexus 6 is also a choice but if you can afford it the 6p will be the best option 

Ugh, why aren't my replies posting? Probably not going for a Moto G4. Can't afford the 6P...I'm thinking my best option is the Turbo?

But has it gotten a Marshmallow update? I can't believe it's been two years since this phone came out. Will I still be able to download my apps and such on Lollipop? Also, will the Turbo work here in Canada?

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

Ugh, why aren't my replies posting? Probably not going for a Moto G4. Can't afford the 6P...I'm thinking my best option is the Turbo?

But has it gotten a Marshmallow update? I can't believe it's been two years since this phone came out. Will I still be able to download my apps and such on Lollipop? Also, will the Turbo work here in Canada?

go for the turbo then