mini-itx issues?

joey151

hello,so i'm going to build a mini itx pc for my first gaming pc,while i was looking for parts,people told me that a mini-itx is a bad idea for a gaming pc,overheat and stuff,my pc will have an i5 3470,and an rx 460 nitro 4gb (still not buying it until i see the 1050ti) and 1tb HDD,the case is the core v1 from TT,is any of their claims true?

If you are putting a 390x and a 6700K @ 4.8GHz in a very small case, then yes.

Your system isn't going to generate a lot of heat. Don't worry.

BTW, my racing rig has a 4790K @4.4GHz and a RX480 Nitro, in a EVGA Hadron case. They run perfectly fine and remain relatively quiet.

The form factor isn't a poor decision for any kind of computer. The case you decide on, however, could be. 

2 hours ago, Ellen_orangecloud said:

The Core V1 accepts full sized GPUs and the RX 460 is (let's face it) small. You'll be fine. 
As for overheating, probably would never happen unless you block off the mesh in the sides for GPU intake. 
I'd recommend however, if you are planning to upgrade soon, to get blower style cards instead of open air ones. 

But the TT Core V1 has a giant 200mm fan in the front and can install optional two 80mm fans at the back. The air circulation is as good as many M-ATX case. I won't be too worry about GPU temp, even if he decides to get something more power hungry like GTX1070 or 1080.

Luke puts a GTX 1080 Kingpin in a Dan Cases A4-SFX, which is much smaller and have worse air circulation than the TT Core V1.