3x Blower-style cards

cisto1999

Is there a major difference in installing 3x blower-style cooled GPUs directly beside each other with no free slot between them or would be a solution with 1 slot free space between each card much more better for temps and therefore for performance?

The reason i am asking is case-purchase - do i need a 8-pci-slot case or will 7 be enough?

Well a blower style cooler would be better than open air but your gpu temps are going to rise vs that it has room to breath, how much thats something you might want to look up online.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

I don't know much about that, but 2 gpus is really the limit for gaming if thats what you want to do

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

space between all three is ideal. Your temps will be higher from having them all side by side. Depends on the cards too and how hot they get. But if I were personally going to make that build I would use an EATX case. But if youre going to do this for just gaming then  you wont see any gains from a 3rd gpu. and you will see minimal gains in most games from the second gpu as sli/crossfire support for the past two years has been very poor. 

Even then your mobo may not support full 16x speeds in every pcie slot with then all occupied.  

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

You would definitley see better temps with some space between each card. Still though, if you are going triple SLI/Crossfire, i highly recommend a custom water loop if you have the cash for it. It'll look amazing, and keep everything nicely cool and quiet.

2 hours ago, cisto1999 said:

It is not for gaming but for rendering.

I would prob go for the blower style since they exhaust the heat out the back instead of blowing air around the case (need a good airflow case to remove that air) What render are you using?

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD