Best used GPU for <150

Go to solution Solved by VerticalDiscussions,
1 minute ago, Sam257 said:

-snip-

Well it should work well, as long as you dont plant to overclock the CPU/GPU any further and obviously Crossfire couldnt happen with such GPU's.

Hey,

so basically I'm seraching for a GPU to go into my system.

I want to spend under 150€ and am currently looking at the r9 290/gtx 780 (amd runs hot and loud, nvidia has only 3gb and no longer gets driver support I think).

I'm mainly photo editing and also some Davinci Resolve work and game at 1080p. 

I want to go used, cause I don't see a point in getting a 460/960 for the same price point.

To go into perspective, where I live (germany) a rx 470 4GB (new cause you can't find used once here) goes for 200€, a new 970 goes for the same.

390's go for at least 200 and weirdly 380x's are also over 150€.

Any Idea?

A 780 will work fine. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

AMD runs hot and loud?!?! And 2/3GB Vram cards are a really poor choice, if you had intentions to game with max settings on the latest titles (if your not then its okay). Still, in this case the 290 should perform slightly better than the 780 btw, also an extra gigabyte of Vram :P.

Groomlake Authority

12 hours ago, Sam257 said:

Hey,

so basically I'm seraching for a GPU to go into my system.

I want to spend under 150€ and am currently looking at the r9 290/gtx 780 (amd runs hot and loud, nvidia has only 3gb and no longer gets driver support I think).

I'm mainly photo editing and also some Davinci Resolve work and game at 1080p. 

I want to go used, cause I don't see a point in getting a 460/960 for the same price point.

To go into perspective, where I live (germany) a rx 470 4GB (new cause you can't find used once here) goes for 200€, a new 970 goes for the same.

390's go for at least 200 and weirdly 380x's are also over 150€.

Any Idea?

this week the strix 950 is 110 bux

edit" im an complete idiot, i didnt read ur post. so swy :(((

MF UH BEANS

2 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

AMD runs hot and loud?!?! And 2/3GB Vram cards are a really poor choice, if you had intentions to game with max settings on the latest titles (if your not then its okay). Still, in this case the 290 should perform slightly better than the 780 btw, also an extra gigabyte of Vram :P.

Just to add to the positives it scales better with resolution because of the VRAM and because it is an AMD card if you want to upgrade your monitor in the future.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

4 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

AMD runs hot and loud? And 2/3GB Vram cards are a really poor choice, if you had intentions to game with max settings on the latest titles (if your not then its okay). Still, in this case the 290 should perform slightly better than the 780 btw.

Would you say the windforce 3x cooler is a good choice?

2 minutes ago, aries757 said:

this week the strix 950 is 110 bux

Well I can't find it anywhere (4gb model) under 140€ even used, and I can get a r9 290 used for the same

2 minutes ago, Sam257 said:

-snip-

Yeah that Gigabyte model should stay cool and not as loud as it seems ^^.

Groomlake Authority

5 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

-snip-

Last question, do you think a 600w Be quiet 80+silver is enough? (CPU in use is Xeon e3v5 1240 OC @4.5GHz and 1.31V on air)

1 minute ago, Sam257 said:

-snip-

Well it should work well, as long as you dont plant to overclock the CPU/GPU any further and obviously Crossfire couldnt happen with such GPU's.

Groomlake Authority