eMachines EL1352G-01w Review! (Worst Computer Ever?)

Well guys, after owning this absolute beast of a computer for the past 8 years, I am finally ready to write a formal review on this system. Prepare yourself guys, these specs may shock you! ;)

• The eMachine EL1352G-01w comes with a HUGE 500GB HDD,
  • It also includes a SUPER POWERFUL 2.8GHz Single-Core AMD Sempron 145 CPU (Now now, don't fret, even though Newegg prices this CPU at only 17 dollars, it's an amazing value!) The CPU also has an integrated DDR2/DDR3 memory controller! Talk about high tech, am I right?!
  • An entire 2GB stick of RAM! That's right folks! 2 whole gigs of the fastest memory on planet earth! It might struggle with opening more than one application at a time, but it will get the job done!
  • Here's where it gets juicy. This beastly gaming machine has a super high quality Nvidia GeForce 6150se nForce 430 GPU! Now I know what you're thinking fellow reader. "Isn't that card from like 2005? Doesn't it only have 128MB of VRAM and a core clock speed of 425MHz?" Well fellow reader, you'd be correct, but don't you worry! This top of the line card can handle all of your gaming needs! Whether you want to play Minesweeper or Solitaire, this GPU can handle it all!
  • It also has Windows 7. I know Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 are already out, but who doesn't love some classic Windows 7? Don't you just love the nostalgia?

Let's get serious now, I've had this PC for the past 8 years, I've never had the time nor the money to purchase a new one or build my own, so I can tell you with certainty that this is actually the worst computer ever. Bootup takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. Just sitting on the desktop with no applications open, the CPU usage is about 70% or higher. I can usually open only one program at once without it freezing up (For example I can open Steam, but having Skype open at the same time kicks this thing's CPU into maximum overdrive). It's hardly even usable as a school computer. Word takes about 3 minutes to open, and that goes for just about any program you launch on it. Who knows, maybe this eMachine will be worth something to some psychopath who enjoys terrible computers. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this light-hearted and fun review, and I look forward to interacting with you all around the forums!

Take care folks,

-Hunter

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Yes, but you left out the most important part: can it play Crysis?

"Ok, 10 hrs later Crysis is downloaded and installed"

*opens Crysis*

*loading screen appears*

"I might be able to do this!"

10 mins later

This is CNN Massachusetts covering your latest local news. It appears a fire has broken out in the Brown neighborhood. The 911 call came from someone who identified himself as @GravyBoat

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

• 4 weeks later...

Know I'm super late on this, but it sounds like you have a fucked install, @GravyBoat. I had a Sempron 145 with 2GB of RAM and the same chipset/iGPU, and it booted Windows 7 in sub-30 seconds and was incredibly snappy for being slow, generally speaking.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2016 at 2:05 PM, tmcclelland455 said:

Know I'm super late on this, but it sounds like you have a fucked install, @GravyBoat. I had a Sempron 145 with 2GB of RAM and the same chipset/iGPU, and it booted Windows 7 in sub-30 seconds and was incredibly snappy for being slow, generally speaking.

On 9/6/2016 at 11:14 PM, GravyBoat said:

Word takes about 3 minutes to open, and that goes for just about any program you launch on it.

That's what I was thinking, tmcclelland. I would be willing to bet this thing hasn't had a full reformat and reinstall of windows in that entire 8 years.  The specs are bad but not so utterly abysmal that you should expect MS word to take 3 minutes to open. That sounds like a fucked windows install, disk fragmented to hell and back, and a registry so clogged it looks like a Chinese swimming pool.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)