My 3770k

So I'm having like a few issues here.

My 3770k is delidded and when I run stress test with prime95, my temperature shoots straight to 70*C(Doesn't steadily increases in temp from 65-70, I also have a H212 EVO) which stays steady there and when i stop the stress test, the temperature shoots straight back to 30*C. I'm not sure if it's just bad mounting or it's the thermal paste I've used. AS5 for direct die(Thinking about buying the liquid metal for this) and NT-H1 for heat sink contact. Also note that it's at stock setting(About 3.9GHz on turbo) with voltage set to 1.12v!... The overclockability of this chip sucks compared to what I've seen on the internet of 5GHz with ~1.32v and low temperature with the same cooler if not better.

Another issue I'm having is which temperature I should look at. In HWMonitor, there's package temperature and core temperature(10*C lower than package temperature. I searched on the internet but no one really gives a clear answer as to which I should focus onto for temperature.

First, that doesn't seem out of the ordinary temp wise. Been a long time since I had my 3770k overclocked on an evo, but I didn't get amazing temperatures. Your chip does sound like it's on the lower end. My chip did 5.1GHz@1.35v and peaked at about 85 degrees under synthetic benchmarks, it was also delidded. As for the second part to your question, look at package temperature.  Package temp SHOULD usually just be the same temp as your highest core, but in the event that it isn't, on my current CPU (6800k) my package temp is higher than any one core, that's not unexpected either. But use package temp, it's an indicator of the hottest part of your CPU

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Its expected for temps to go up faster when you dont have the IHS on the cpu. There isnt that thermal barrier, and the benifit of that is less stuff between the die and the heatsink. I notice this on my laptop cpu as well, where temps go up very quick, as laptops with soldered cpu's do not have an IHS either. 

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

20 minutes ago, Lord_Karango17 said:

Its expected for temps to go up faster when you dont have the IHS on the cpu. There isnt that thermal barrier, and the benifit of that is less stuff between the die and the heatsink. I notice this on my laptop cpu as well, where temps go up very quick, as laptops with soldered cpu's do not have an IHS either. 

my CPU does have a IHS. that's why I indicated that I've used two different thermal paste.