Worst medical condition you've ever had?

_JohnB330ci

Heroin addiction count? That was hell.

Else I'm bipolar II which I manage very well and used to have a lot of heart palpitations (caused by aforementioned heroin). 

And once I thought the girl I was seeing had pregnancy, but apparently that's not contagious so didn't really have anything to worry about.

7 minutes ago, Energycore said:

We're all gonna die, man. It's just a matter of time

THE CCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRCCCCCLLLLLLEEEEE OF LAAAAAAAAIIIIIIFFFFEEE!!!! AND  IT RUUUULLLES US AAAAAAALLLL!!!!!!

Sorry. No one else had done it yet...

ERROR: VAR_TRAINOFTHOUGHT RETURN CHAR(MISSING)

RESTART  BRAINTHOUGHTS_MAJORGOOB.EXE?

Y                             N

~               

Just now, MajorGoob said:

THE CCCCCIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRCCCCCLLLLLLEEEEE OF LAAAAAAAAIIIIIIFFFFEEE!!!! AND  IT RUUUULLLES US AAAAAAALLLL!!!!!!

Sorry. No one else had done it yet...

That song is dope as fuck though. I commend you

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I remembered a few from when I was very young:

Whooping Cough

Measles (I had been immunised but I still got it?)

One time I was dancing around in the garden, and whacked my temple against the house corner. Im sure that looking back at it the big artery that supplied the brain popped, but my parents just bandaged it up and it was fine.

Linus is my fetish.

GERD, Asthma, Very dry skin, lactose intolerance (which for some reason, disappeared) and probably High Blood too when I grow up.

TBI. Still going strong. Can't recommend.

Chronic tinnitus. Mostly just annoying as hell.

Recently had knee surgery because of a benign tumor that was otherwise harmless except it irritated the surrounding tissue and frequently caused a blockage between the kneecap and the ligament making it impossible to extend until it kinda 'popped' past it. It eventually caused an injury when it got jammed in between them when walking up the stairs which finally resulted in its discovery after years of nuisance. Almost done with physical therapy although I still have a little trouble extending my leg fully; I can do it but it definitely requires some effort to extend and keep extended but otherwise great. So I got that going for me, which is nice. 

I had a steel pipe slide down from the rafter and hit me in the temple...as someone pointed out I am really lucky it didnt pierce my skull

I had a concussion and seven weeks later I have chronic headaches (more like head pains) problems hearing out of my left ear, dizziness, light sensitive and the occasional night disturbances oh and migraines,makes working very hard I am seeing a neurologist, and if things keep up I am going to apply for temporary disability.

I would have rather broken my leg

outside of that I seriously sprained my ankle 2 years ago, I didnt think it was a big deal and kept walking on it until one day I steped and had intense (and I mean INTENSE) pain went to the er and they put it in a splint and I was on crunches for about a week.

also I had a stress fracture when I was 20, it was just excruicatingly painful ended up having three weeks were I just couldnt walk anywarer (spent my 21st playing diablo 2 and my xbox 360)

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I don't know the details as I was a new born, but I needed an operation on my eye, and then one on my ear. Something I got from my mother. And all through my secondary school, so 11-16, I needed hearing aids, now it's not so bad. 

I had a very embarrassing condition when I was younger, so, that's private. 

If we're going to include injuries, I've torn my MCL ligament in my knee when snowboarding, something I'm still somewhat suffering with after 3 years as it grows painful with a lot of movement. Then this year I dislocated my collar bone when in France this year, again, snowboarding. I still feel it, honestly as I don't think it's properly healed, so I am thinking of heading back to the doctors so I can get a check up. Thankfully I wont have to pay twelve-cunting-Euros for a sling if it's still damaged, or needs a serious look at. Honestly, spending 200€ on medical treatment is painful in itself. Type 2 dislocation (Tendon was close to snapping). I was filming most that day, I wish I got my fall on camera, it would have racked up a lot of YouTube views, I'm sure. I have my collarbone xray, it's rather sexy if I do say so myself. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

22 hours ago, terrytek said:

trust me, when i went to a contact fitting appointment for the first time, i hated it, but when i went home and took them off, it was easy. and eventually over time, it because stupid easy to put them on.

Nah but my brain refuses to let me put them in at all. After learning about how shitty contacts can get if you aren't diligent and take care of them, I've decided to stop trying altogether.

I've probably got one of the worst stories of anyone in this forum

When I was born, I was pulled out and had a brain hemorrhage which caused my head to swell and cause optic nerve damage. I had a shunt surgery when I was only 3 weeks old and another when I was 2.

Apparently according to my mum and her siblings I cried alot from the pain. 

I am now short sighted in my left eye and lost around half the vision from my right eye. 

I am doing well at the moment 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro