Whats the right brightness and contrast for gaming?

DGaming

So I have an Acer S220 HQL monitor and I dont know what to set my brightness and contrast to! I play a lot of games, mostly first person shooters and I want my games to look as best as possible (when it comes to brightness and contrast ofc) My monitor doesnt have a game preset or anything, just has User, Eco, Standart, Graphics, Movie presets! The default came with 100 brightness and 50 contrast but that was too much so i set it to 50 brightness and 50 contrast! Also have the color temp set to cool (looks better). So if anyone could help me to set it to the perfect settings so my games look best, would be awesome :)

Thanks!

Monitor lag is introduced when you introduce the alteration of color, which requires image processing. Brightness, or contrast only effects the back light, and doesn't require processing, so choose whatever you like the best is what you should go with.

Brightness is generally personal preference but should probably be at maximum.  In my experience, most LCD monitors are set correctly at either 50% or ~70 - 75% contrast.  Too little and it will look dull, and too much and you'll notice that as well.  As for the presets, generally you want to pick "General" or "Standard" or "User" (if you're going to tune the colour) - the special modes like "movie" will all look really weird with terrible colour and sharpness in all likelihood.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.