Quad Core CPU's are slowly becoming like the Dual Core?

I already posted those links. 100 Mhz and 2 Mb more cache doesnt lead to the performance gap in Civ V. 

You can literally see the game scaling in performance across all CPUs with more threads and cores.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

Is that really going to be enough on its own for the difference in performance figures in those graphs?

That's the kind of questions you can not answer when you don't do proper tests, but resort to change everything simultaneously. 

Just now, Bhav said:

I already posted those links. 100 Mhz and 2 Mb more cache doesnt lead to the performance gap in Civ V. 

You can literally see the game scaling in performance across all CPUs with more threads and cores.

But HT does. Because you say so.

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That's the kind of questions you can not answer when you don't do proper tests, but resort to change everything simultaneously. 

The tests are proper enough, you are arguing over minor issues just because you dont like what the results show.

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

But HT does. Because you say so.

No because the graphs obviously say so to anyone with a capable brain.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Bhav said:

The tests are proper enough, you are arguing over minor issues just because you dont like what the results show.

What the fuck do I care what the results are? Why would I want them to say this or that? Also, do you read minds? Will you add it next to "I make shit up" in your CV?

2 minutes ago, Bhav said:

No because the graphs obviously say so to anyone with a capable brain.

InfiniteFacepalm.gif

3 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

What the fuck do I care what the results are? Why would I want them to say this or that? Also, do you read minds? Will you add it next to "I make shit up" in your CV?

So now you're accusing me of making things up and lying when two separate sources of repeatable, verifiable results conclude exactly what I am saying?

What will you add to your CV? 'I have no fucking clue what the scientific method is or how to read results / graphs'.

Linus is my fetish.

On desktop its easy to know that only i5 and i7 have 4 physical cores. 

Laptops are a bit different, they have both dual cores with HT or 4 physical cores on the i5 and i7

i7m 2c/4t or 4c/8t

i5m 2c/4t or 4c/4t

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

55 minutes ago, Bhav said:

So now you're accusing me of making things up and lying when two separate sources of repeatable, verifiable results conclude exactly what I am saying?

Well, unless 

3 hours ago, Bhav said:

That also depends on if the game has HT support. The complicated thing here is that a game that can use more than 4 'cores' might still not be able utilize 'hyperthreading' because its developers were lazy.

and

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

An I5 is already literally an I7 without the HT.

and (before edits)

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

No theres literally no differences between an I5 and I7 of the same gen other than HT and clock speeds. The cores are otherwise identical.

have turned true in the last 5 minutes...

55 minutes ago, Bhav said:

What will you add to your CV? 'I have no fucking clue what the scientific method is or how to read results / graphs'.

Scientific method? You dare to say scientific method? Scientific method is precisely what tells you not to compare making 3 changes at a time. You run a CPU, you run another CPU that is different in 3 dimensions, and you conclude 11 of them is behind all the difference, because, well, I just say the rest doesn't matter. Do you even science bro?

Applying the scientific method precisely means taking an i7, switching HT off and run that, then down-clocking and run that, and finally take the i5 and run it to get the effect of cache (by comparing to the i7 at same clock and no HT). How can you talk about the scientific method when what you propose is just to forget about it, change everything simultaneously, run it all an conclude factor X is driving everything because -well, look at dat graf!

But whatever, I'm done wasting time on trolls. Have a nice day.

Lol, I honestly cant believe how butthurt someone can get when being SHOWN evidently that HT and more cores have a definite impact on gaming performance.

Cry more bro, so salty.

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Scientific method? You dare to say scientific method? Scientific method is precisely what tells you not to compare making 3 changes at a time. You run a CPU, you run another CPU that is different in 3 dimensions, and you conclude 11 of them is behind all the difference, because, well, I just say the rest doesn't matter. Do you even science bro?

Applying the scientific method precisely means taking an i7, switching HT off and run that, then down-clocking and run that, and finally take the i5 and run it to get the effect of cache (by comparing to the i7 at same clock and no HT). How can you talk about the scientific method when what you propose is just to forget about it, change everything simultaneously, run it all an conclude factor X is drivign everythign because -well, look at dat graf!

OMG COOL STORY BRAH!!!

How about you go ahead and tell EVERYSINGLE tech site, including this one that ALL of their methods are flawed and wrong for testing an I5 against an I7? Change the world! Obviously you are right, and 100% of tech sites are wrong.

I bet you feel so proud of yoursefl!

Linus is my fetish.

So I just did this:

oHk7hmz.png

+568 points with HT enabled, nothing else was changed.

HURR DURRRRR HYPERTHREADING DOES NUTHING!!!!!!1111111ONEONEONEONEONEBECAUSEIAMFUCKINGRETARDED /s

Inb4theyaccusemeofcheatingandIhavetorecordthewholefuckingthing.

Linus is my fetish.

34 minutes ago, Bhav said:

So I just did this:

oHk7hmz.png

+568 points with HT enabled, nothing else was changed.

HURR DURRRRR HYPERTHREADING DOES NUTHING!!!!!!1111111ONEONEONEONEONEBECAUSEIAMFUCKINGRETARDED /s

Inb4theyaccusemeofcheatingandIhavetorecordthewholefuckingthing.

He might be an i3 user, don't hurt him.