Internet Disconnects From Computer Randomly

Recently my computer has just been disconnecting from the internet (the internet connection itself stays on but my computer just disconnects itself from it and i have to manually connect it everytime.)

This happens roughly every 30mins-1hour or so and is incredibely frustrating and if anyone knows how i can fix this i would appreciate it.

14 hours ago, frostyck said:

Are you using wireless or Ethernet?

Wireless

On 8/23/2016 at 4:19 AM, Halbo said:

Recently my computer has just been disconnecting from the internet (the internet connection itself stays on but my computer just disconnects itself from it and i have to manually connect it everytime.)

This happens roughly every 30mins-1hour or so and is incredibely frustrating and if anyone knows how i can fix this i would appreciate it.

Does this happen only at home? or at other places? (work, school etc.)

Remember, wireless networking is a convince it should not be relied on 100% as it is far more susceptible to interference than a wired connection.

The only thing we have to fear is... Stupidity...

How is your router setup? How many devices are connected to the wireless network? Try manually assigning IP addresses for each device on the network and see if that helps. I've had issues with DHCP and multiple devices (cellphones mostly) leaving/joining the network frequently and fucking up shit for everything else. Some of it I think was because my roommate demanded 'control' of the router and he had no idea what he was doing. I set up static IP addresses for everyone and it was great for a few weeks; then I left for a weekend and everything was reset and went back to shit connections.

18 hours ago, Omon_Ra said:

How is your router setup? How many devices are connected to the wireless network? Try manually assigning IP addresses for each device on the network and see if that helps. I've had issues with DHCP and multiple devices (cellphones mostly) leaving/joining the network frequently and fucking up shit for everything else. Some of it I think was because my roommate demanded 'control' of the router and he had no idea what he was doing. I set up static IP addresses for everyone and it was great for a few weeks; then I left for a weekend and everything was reset and went back to shit connections.

7 Devices are connected and ill try that but im pretty sure it something to do specifically with my computer because the connection stays on while my computer just randomly disconnects itself.

18 hours ago, VulcanAndroid said:

Does this happen only at home? or at other places? (work, school etc.)

Remember, wireless networking is a convince it should not be relied on 100% as it is far more susceptible to interference than a wired connection.

Desktop, so at home

6 hours ago, Halbo said:

7 Devices are connected and ill try that but im pretty sure it something to do specifically with my computer because the connection stays on while my computer just randomly disconnects itself.

Try running these in a command prompt with admin privileges:

netsh int ip reset

netsh winsock reset

Also check with your mobo manufacturer's website for the most up-to-date wireless driver. Even if you're on the most current, a reinstall of the driver wouldn't be a bad idea.