Can the Tegra K1 be used as a game streaming device on TV?

IAmAndre

Hi,

I'm considering buying a Tegra K1 and one of the main reason that would make me decide to buy one is its ability or not to be used for streaming games from my PC to my living room. I've seen many contradictions on Google so I want to know if I can use the tablet to stream games on my TV (since it has an HDMI port and I have an nvidia GPU) and if it supports wireless Xbox 360 controllers, or many wired Xbox controllers in the worst case.

Thanks 

The K1 is found in things like the shield tablet.  The X1 is found in the Shield TV, but afaik (I mean, I tried it myself and it worked, so...) both of them let you game stream from your PC to the device, and by extension, to a TV.  Where were you seeing people giving conflicting information!?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

28 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The K1 is found in things like the shield tablet.  The X1 is found in the Shield TV, but afaik (I mean, I tried it myself and it worked, so...) both of them let you game stream from your PC to the device, and by extension, to a TV.  Where were you seeing people giving conflicting information!?

Actually I saw people saying it would only recognize the Shield controller and some saying that it would work fine with x360 controllers as well so I'm confused.

9 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Actually I saw people saying it would only recognize the Shield controller and some saying that it would work fine with x360 controllers as well so I'm confused.

I tried a wired 360 controller over an OTG cable and it worked fine in local games.  Never tried that controller with a stream, or other controllers at all though.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I tried a wired 360 controller over an OTG cable and it worked fine in local games.  Never tried that controller with a stream, or other controllers at all though.

Thanks. What about wireless controllers using a dongle?

4 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Thanks. What about wireless controllers using a dongle?

The only controller I ever tried with it was the 360 over OTG.  When I tested that it can game stream, I didn't even actually play anything because I didn't have a controller hooked up.  I just started a stream to verify that it works :D

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

The only controller I ever tried with it was the 360 over OTG.  When I tested that it can game stream, I didn't even actually play anything because I didn't have a controller hooked up.  I just started a stream to verify that it works :D

Then I think I'll get one this summer. From what I can see, wireless 360 controllers are supported on many Android devices so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I might even try my luck with Dual Shock controllers. I hope they won't release a new generation by then.