LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Amazing! Definitely wanna try to set one up for gaming for our geek nights with friends :)

I think this is a projector you can buy as your "tv" and that has a great mobility. It looks manufactured very well and has a good resolution. And it's great to play games like Smash Brothers or Street fighter.

this and my emulator would make a great little event 

but man is this thing expensive. i could get 2 1080s for that price :/

Dood! I go camping at the feather river in CA. This thing would be baller at one of the waterfalls where we camp. It flows over a natural white marble cliff, wouldn't even have to set up a screen. So down to play some halo on a big screen with some of the campers around the fire. 

"Be excellent to each other."

"Fear is but the precursor to valor."

Would be insanely nice when meeting with my friends for gaming instead of our 32" HD ready screen.

This would be an amazing projector to have the design is quite elegant with the use of that mirror. And the short distance looks phenomenal with amazing detail. Truly a competitor to all the projectors on the market today. 

Followed LG.

The projector seems really awesome, there's definitely a lot you can do with it. Hooking it up with a JBL PULSE 2 would make for a great experience with friends.

I seriously hope I win this! 

Twitter: @DiovAE

15 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

This would be great to play mario cart on, on my dorm wall

Oh hells yeah! I would love to have one of these projectors for in my room. Would TOTALLY solve the "wanting a big-screen but no real place to put it, yet I have a giant white wall" problem!

This thing looks awesome!

This thing looks amazing, I currently use a projector that was being given away by my local college. not great but i prefer the size benefits to a TV. This would take me to the next level I think i'll start saving. 

I've never seen anything like the short throw image before. It's so cool! Would be perfect for my fellow college house mates and I.

Would make an awesome gaming setup for me and my friends house at university next year!

Holy balls this thing looks cool, also less likely to kill someone like an equivalent size TV would do...

would love to see this thing in my lounge room. I'm sure my family would too.

I would like this projector.... for projecting things on my wall. Like video games. Please?

-Zygo

If their advertised bulb lifetime is accurate this is beyond perfect not only for gaming but also movie nights. The price is a bit steep, but that was to be expected. Welp, now I have a new life goal- Buy this monster and organize a gaming night with my friends. 

For how small and portable it is. Its trully is and amazing piece of technology. Gaming at night will be a remarkable experience with this.

15 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

That would be really fun to use with my pc for steam games 

I would like to learn about the optics and mirror curve they used to achieve this short throw projector.

I remember seeing these short throw optics at the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto for displays. Absolutely incredible to have projectors with this kind of functionality readily available for consumers (and gamers!!!)

I'd be curious to see them make it even smaller still.

You could mount it to the wall, then lie in your bed and game on your ceiling

CPU: Ryzen 3700X VGA: RX 5700 8G RAM: 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 Motherboard: B450 Aorus Pro

Storage: 2x1TB Crucial P2, 1TB Crucial MX500, 36TB NAS Cooling: Custom Loop 360mm & 280mm

PSU: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe