Quiet PC

DoctorDan

So a I am currently in the process of planning a PC build; however, I keep getting tossed from case to case as I look around. Any way, the PC will be used as a gaming PC, Video Editing Rig, and music recording and editing rig (thus the quiet aspect). In this case I will definitely want there to be enough cooling to appropriately handle the thermals of the aforementioned workloads, as well as at least two expansion bays on the front for a multimedia card reader and CD/DVD drive. The hardware I hope to include is as follows, i7 6700k, GTX 1080, 16GB of RAM, and an undetermined amount of mass storage, Also a ssd boot drive of around 100-250-ish GBs. At one point I found the H630, but have heard many bad things about the airflow and thermals. Thanks ahead of time! 

2 minutes ago, DoctorDan said:

So a I am currently in the process of planning a PC build; however, I keep getting tossed from case to case as I look around. Any way, the PC will be used as a gaming PC, Video Editing Rig, and music recording and editing rig (thus the quiet aspect). In this case I will definitely want there to be enough cooling to appropriately handle the thermals of the aforementioned workloads, as well as at least two expansion bays on the front for a multimedia card reader and CD/DVD drive. The hardware I hope to include is as follows, i7 6700k, GTX 1080, 16GB of RAM, and an undetermined amount of mass storage, Also a ssd boot drive of around 100-250-ish GBs. At one point I found the H630, but have heard many bad things about the airflow and thermals. Thanks ahead of time! 

H440/N450, Define S/R5, be Quiet! Base 800/600, Corsair 400Q, etc.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

9 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

H440/N450, Define S/R5, be Quiet! Base 800/600, Corsair 400Q, etc.

I agree with the define and be quiet (i don't disagree with the others, i just don't know them that well).

1 minute ago, DarkRuskov said:

I agree with the define and be quiet (i don't disagree with the others, i just don't know them that well).

The NZXT H440 and Noctis 450 are very good cases, quite popular too. The Corsair 400Q is a very nondescript case similar to the Define S but has a PSU shroud.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Thanks guys! The Be Quiet Silent Base 800 is really looking like the case to fit my needs.