Rapid Keystrokes causes stuttering?

-ism

Hello everyone,

Today I was playing some Just Cause 2 just because I had it and never finished it, and I noticed today that whenever I hit a key the sound stutters for a half a second or so. This occurs not just in games but in the OS too. While I've been typing this I was listening to some music in iTunes and I definitely notice the goofy stuttering. I was playing BF3 a little bit earlier, and I didn't notice it, but I definitely see it now. I will play another BF3 game to confirm if it still does it. Not a lot of rapid keystrokes in BF3.

For reference, my CPU is overclocked to 4.4 GHz at 1.15 Volts if it means anything. Definitely more than stable. Just using a garbage wired keyboard I got for free. Dell brand.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Keyboard might be registering more than one keystroke at a time overloading the rig? Somma' like ghosting.

Check your input language settings. See if there's a shortcut key that switches your input language. I've experienced this back when I was a newb and using a crappy PC. When in game, I accidentally hit the input language shortcut key and switched the language to Chinese. When that happens, the game would stutter everytime i hit a keystroke on the keyboard. Sometimes when you have rapid keystrokes, you'll hear a bios beep.

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

I switched to a Mac keyboard from 2003 that I had laying around and it fixed it. I honestly have no idea why that changed anything, but it did. Definitely glad that was the only problem though, thanks for the help guys.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless