Should i Buy a PS4 now or a PS4 NEO later?

Longshot

ok so i live in israel and here everyone has to go to the millitary for 3 years. im recruiting in december.

anyway so im planning on buying a PS4 and wondering should i buy the regular one now or get the PS4 neo when it comes out?

PS- i have a pc already

4 minutes ago, Longshot said:

ok so i live in israel and here everyone has to go to the millitary for 3 years. im recruiting in december.

anyway so im planning on buying a PS4 and wondering should i buy the regular one now or get the PS4 neo when it comes out?

If you can wait until the end of the year then get the neo i guess, its going to be a much better console though it will cost 50-100% more than the current model

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

hello,

the NEO will come out in the near future it's simple if you have alot money to spend get the neo if you want to save some money get the ps4 bcs of price drop.

PC || CPU - I5 3570K @4.5ghz|| Motherboard - Asrock Z77 extreme 4 || CPU Cooler - Corsair H100 || RAM - 1x8GB Vengeance Blue - XPG Adata 2x4GB's (16GB) || Graphics card - EVGA GTX 970 superclocked ACX 2.0 SLI || Storage- SEAGATE FIRECUDA 1TB ||PSU- Corsair AX750 watt gold rated|| Case- NZXT 340 WHITE

Do you want to use the console during military service, or are you just looking for something to play before December?

a PC now

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

6 minutes ago, Ykno said:

a PC now

^^^^^^This

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

4 minutes ago, matrix07012 said:

^^^^^^This

Learn to read, he has a PC already.

And think about it, a PC is everything but convenient for him.

sigh

1 minute ago, Paralectic said:

sigh

Than a laptop.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

36 minutes ago, Paralectic said:

sigh

he said PC which dosnt specify Desktop Or Laptop or gaming rig so, and i was going of the fact he dosnt have a pc that can game as why else would you buy a bag of dog shit?

how is a ps4 more convenient than a pc it requires constant power like a desktop and is no more portable than a desktop, 

2 options 

build a gaming desktop for same price as the ps4 and have twice as much performance ( you could buy a mini itx or micro itx system for similar footprint to ps4)

or buy a gaming laptop

in my eyes if someone says to me here buy a £350 ps4 that plays 720p at 60hz or 1080p at 30hz or buy a £350 PC that can play 1080p at 60hz with higher detail choice is easy. i had a xbox one for console only games but i gave up on that and sold it as i was playing like 1 game a year, it was basically a door stop  so i sold it for £300 not bad when they sell new for that i had couple games with it and kinect (Which i wish i kept as you can use on pc) so

fuck console there dead! made for people who don't understand Computers sorry for anyone that offense but they just dont make sense in buying anymore 

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

A console is way more practical to play video games than a PC for a regular consumer, because it simply needs to be plugged in and the person can play without hurdles. Playing on consoles means sacrificing the number of video games available and their technical performance, but I don't think it's unreasonable or ignorant to play on them because different people have different priorities.

21 minutes ago, Keik + Tee said:

A console is way more practical to play video games than a PC for a regular consumer, because it simply needs to be plugged in and the person can play without hurdles. Playing on consoles means sacrificing the number of video games available and their technical performance, but I don't think it's unreasonable or ignorant to play on them because different people have different priorities.

lol plug and play? you mean after you install the game and then the updates just like a pc? ah ye you forgot you know have to download and install like 5gb+ or game files to your console?

19 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

So, if I wanna play a game or develop for a console I should just buy a PC that doesn't have the game?  A console is still convenient to someone who doesn't wanna pay a premium.  You still have to pay hundreds more for parts, but some of the prices are exaggerated.  Even the used market isn't friendly to everyone.  Plus, with price differences by location a console can actually still be justified compared to markets like Australia's, Brazil's, and so on.  I do understand your bias about it, though.  But, the one thing I can agree with on your part, is the constant need of power.  A laptop comes off as more logical in that sense.

higher premium and pay hundreds for pc parts? i already stated you can spend £350 on a PS4 but for the same money £350 you can buy PC with twice as much gaming power i don't no i feel thats a reason to go for PC Gaming 90% games are available on PC just the console specific games like gears and halo ect but even they are making there way to PC

so i stand by what i said.

console are for people who don't know or understand much about PC's

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Not exactly for every country.  Not everyone lives in the USA or where you live. Plus, OP wants a console, so why can't they?  Your last sentence is a tad fanboyish/biased.  I have many consoles because I enjoy them, but I also have a high-end gaming PC too, a mid-range PC, and a laptop plus two servers.  But, how can I play Uncharted 4 on PC?  Limiting yourself to a platform over biased ideology like that is completely pointless and silly.  You prefer PC, you are free to do that, but not everyone is you.

okay i get what your saying fair my mates the same he has PS4  just so he can play some Japaneses games. but i don't see spending £400 to play one game is worht it to me its like you can get drunk in one bar but at another bar they have a drink that only they make but you need to pay £20 to get in to that bar nah ill get drunk in the free entry bar with a non exclusive drink. if you get my point i don't need a specific game i will find another game to play as there is loads. 

not saying he cant buy what he wants just saying what i feel that its just not worth it over a PC in my eyes

No one has brought up this logic, you can answer your question like this:

• Do you own a 4k TV? If yes makes sense to wait and buy the Neo since it's claimed to have 4k output (though no way it will be native, most likely upscaled). If no 4k TV then either save more money and buy both Neo and TV, or just buy a regular PS4

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

2 hours ago, No Nrg said:

No one has brought up this logic, you can answer your question like this:

• Do you own a 4k TV? If yes makes sense to wait and buy the Neo since it's claimed to have 4k output (though no way it will be native, most likely upscaled). If no 4k TV then either save more money and buy both Neo and TV, or just buy a regular PS4

Well i imagine it will top out at native 4k, and drop with scene complexity to 1920x1080 at the bottom. Sony aparently is making 1080p minimum, but i imagine games won't necessarily have a native res, just floating around somewhere inbetween 1080p and 4k depending on load.

Games Like the Witcher 3 or 1886 would probably target 1080p or a between it and 2560.

@OP wait till NEO launches and then buy a PS4 used that someone is selling to get the new one

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

On 18/05/2016 at 5:38 PM, Longshot said:

I'd wait and see what happens in the next little bit. Because not only is the PS4 Neo a thing but there's also murmurs about Microsoft doing something and Nintendo is also coming out with something new. If I was you I'd wait until you know what all three of those things are before committing. Though based on what you've said? If you can't wait for whatever the NX is (it's launching in March 2017) then the PS4 Neo is probably going to be the best option regardless.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I would wait for E3 if you can. Its mid June, so about another month. Console announcements are usually at E3.

Wait until NEO comes out. If you end up not being able to wait, just buy a PS4 used.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

On 18/05/2016 at 0:32 PM, Ykno said:

SNIP

I just bought a PS4 for uncharted 4 and bloodborne etc and other exclusives that I cannot get on my PC, and to play against my brother who only uses a PS4 for gaming  (he uses macs for his engineering and doenst need a PC so ps4 suits him)

cost me £200 off a mate, but you can get them brand new for like £250 on a good deal

Honestly the PS4 is great, for somebody who just wants to play games and doesnt need a PC etc

Sure PC is better experience, but gaming is gaming, hell I game on my iPhone as much as my PC tbh

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't know if OP is still following this thread, but there is a lot of talk and rumors that seem to have a possible release date for the Neo sometime around September. Nothing is confirmed, as far as I know. So at soonest, wait until then. If the Neo doesn't come by then, and if you can wait a little longer, prices usually tend to come down further into the Fall season. Those price changes also tend to reflect all over the world.

Ultrima Z238EC: Ryzen 7 3800X @ stock, Enermax AquaFusion AIO w/ 2 be quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans, ASRock Taichi X570, Zotac Geforce GTX 1070 AMP!, 2x8GB TeamGroup Dark Pro 3200MHz, Lian Li Lancool II Case