Advice on Build

Go to solution Solved by Shahnewaz,
1 hour ago, Josue9988 said:

My max budget is 650$.

Here you go:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($193.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($33.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 380X 4GB NITRO Video Card  ($238.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $657.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-05 13:40 EDT-0400

I was wonder what improvements I could make to my system plan

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7c8Rpg

I know that the case and motherboard are overkill but I am leaving my self an upgrade path to the 4790k and more space for cooling in the future

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing. - Solid Snake

What's your max budget?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Looks good!! I like the idea of leaving room for an upgrade. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

My max budget is 650$.

Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing. - Solid Snake

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($49.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.90 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($82.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($27.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Kingston FURY 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H440 (Matte Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($95.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($48.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $562.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-05 12:02 EDT-0400

Better CPU cooler and better PSU.

Also if this was my build I would go over to the /r/hardwareswap sub-reddit and pick up a HD7970 for the GPU. Also do you plan on upgrading the CPU in the near future? You might be able to find a i3-4160 on the sub-reddit for like $80

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

why get a 212 evo for such a small cpu get something smaller and then get a better gpu or something like that.

25 minutes ago, LATINO WATER BOTTEL said:

why get a 212 evo for such a small cpu get something smaller and then get a better gpu or something like that.

I am leaving myself an upgrade path and i am going to overclock

My max budget is 650$.

Here you go:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ SuperBiiz)

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

6 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

Here you go:

This wont work as I want to overclock and keep the ssd and case that I have

This wont work as I want to overclock and keep the ssd and case that I have

Overclocking is a poor value proposition. You are already budget constrained.

What case and SSD do you have currently? You picked a Mid-Tower and an ATX Motherboard, so this is bound to fit, since it's smaller. (I'm guessing then your current case is an ATX Tower too.)

And if you have those parts already, why include them in the list? I thought this was a fresh new build. :/

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

43 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Overclocking is a poor value proposition. You are already budget constrained.

What case and SSD do you have currently? You picked a Mid-Tower and an ATX Motherboard, so this is bound to fit, since it's smaller. (I'm guessing then your current case is an ATX Tower too.)

And if you have those parts already, why include them in the list? I thought this was a fresh new build. :/

When I say I have I mean that I want those specific items in the build plan

5 minutes ago, Josue9988 said:

When I say I have I mean that I want those specific items in the build plan

Reasons? And again, you are already budget constrained. So I made the most out of the $650 you can afford.

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

Reasons? And again, you are already budget constrained. So I made the most out of the $650 you can afford.

I like the case and I want the ssd as my boot drive and I want an upgrade path that will allow me in the future upgrade the cpu and allow to overclock if wanted

Just now, Josue9988 said:

I like the case and I want the ssd as my boot drive and I want an upgrade path that will allow me in the future upgrade the cpu and allow to overclock if wanted

Where is the money for all of that? Do you actually want to sacrifice gaming performance for your fancy needs? You aren't benefiting yourself that way.

My needs aren't big as i'm currently using a i3-2100 and gt 610 as my gaming pc.

My needs aren't big as i'm currently using a i3-2100 and gt 610 as my gaming pc.

Okay, then tell us what your use cases will be with this build.

What games do you want to play now, and in the future with this build?

What resolution do you want to play those games at?

I want to use the system as a gaming pc to play games like Civilization, Gta 5, and Star Citizen and as light workstations as I do light video/photo editing and for CAD and I want to run at 1080p.

2 minutes ago, Josue9988 said:

I want to use the system as a gaming pc to play games like Civilization, Gta 5, and Star Citizen and as light workstations as I do light video/photo editing and for CAD and I want to run at 1080p.

That is exactly the use cases I made my initial build recommendation for. Full blown 1080P gaming with editing capabilities.

The build on your post comes nowhere near the performance of mine. While both will play games and edit videos, your build will heavily compromise on graphical fidelity and FPS, while saving you a mere 50 bucks. The value proposition in your build is very, very bad.

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

That is exactly the use cases I made my initial build recommendation for. Full blown 1080P gaming with editing capabilities.

The build on your post comes nowhere near the performance of mine. While both will play games and edit videos, your build will heavily compromise on graphical fidelity and FPS, while saving you a mere 50 bucks. The value proposition in your build is very, very bad.

Thank you

Thank you

No problem. If you have any other questions, or you want to know the reasoning behind each individual part I recommended, feel free to ask.