I'm a little bit screen torn :P

LillySatou

Hello,

Excuse me and the stupid pun on the title. The main reason I'm making this post is because my current 27inch IPS samsung display is starting to screen tear in video games, so I'm planning on replacing it soon. The problem is that I really love IPS monitor's but was really hoping to get a 144hz display as I seem to be playing lots of CS:GO. I know that their is new IPS 144hz with G-Sync but they are way out of my price range. So for the time being I've chosen 2 monitors but was hoping some people on here would be helpful to make my final decision. 

The 2 monitor's are:

Acer XB270H-G 27in

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/31877/acer-xb270h-g-27in-g-sync-144hz-gaming-monitor

or

BenQ GW2765HT 27in 2K IPS

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/28308/benq-gw2765ht-27in-2k-ips-monitor

Any advice would be great or new suggestion would be amazing. Anything that can ship to Australia and monitor's around $550 AUD only please

Completely different screens.

One is a TN 1080P 144hz screen. So it will have worse image quality but faster refresh rate.

The other is an IPS 1440P 60hz screen. So it will have better image quality and resolution but a slower refresh rate.

Depends if image quality, or speed is your priority.

I know that's kinda the point at what I'm getting at. I already have a 27inch IPS monitor as my primary display and a 23inch IPS monitor that I use as a secondary display and I like the colour depth and everything. But I'm not sure if going for a TN 144hz monitor is worth the trade off. So I was wondering if anyone had made the switch before and could tell me the pro's and/or con's. I know I can watch reviews and read stat's for days on end. But that's me deciding with no experience. So i was hoping to get some more insight.