When did the first 1440p monitor become for sale?

Davidf4e

What was the price and the model number?

probably around like 1980 or something, and cost thousands

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My guess is it wasn't even an LCD, so if that's what you are looking for, we'll need to know that :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

As for monitors on a consumer basis I can't say but 1440 is just a resolution, you could make 1440 out of light bulbs, so I would say a large screen or even display board qualified back in the 80s 

If you're doing a report or something you might look into this

7220.evolution_2D00_of_2D00_monitors_2D0

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

4 hours ago, RedWulf said:

As for monitors on a consumer basis I can't say but 1440 is just a resolution, you could make 1440 out of light bulbs, so I would say a large screen or even display board qualified back in the 80s 

If you're doing a report or something you might look into this

7220.evolution_2D00_of_2D00_monitors_2D0

No im not just curious.

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

My guess is it wasn't even an LCD, so if that's what you are looking for, we'll need to know that :)

yes this is what i want the first 1440p monitor that was lcd.(led?)

43 minutes ago, DavidB722 said:

No im not just curious.

yes this is what i want the first 1440p monitor that was lcd.(led?)

well honestly I have no idea but there have been 8K monitors in existence for months already, and you know how popular they are xD so it was probably earlier than anyone would guess :) 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

We had 1440p ish monitors back in the CRT days, so its a pretty old resolution really.