can't do something in premiere need your help

Go to solution Solved by ALwin,

Ok what is the resolution of your video?  You need to adjust the scale of that PNG image, otherwise it can either be too large or too small.

So select that PNG image in the timeline, go into the effects setting panel and adjust the scale.

so i am trying to add a 70mm standard aspect ratio to a clip I have. I am taking the image and putting it ontop of my video clip. It dosn't work.

You mean something like an anamorphic wide screen aspect ratio?

I'd just create a custom sequence with the aspect ratio I want, drag the footage into the timeline and adjust the scale and position as necessary.

Or in a 16:9 timeline, I'd overlay top+bottom black bars.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 minute ago, TheSlicingEdge said:

not really sure what you said

70mm aspect ratio, what's that?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

downloaded an aspect ratio pack  and thats one of them

it says 70mm standard.png

Downloaded it from where?

If the PNG file is what I think it is, then it's simply a PNG image with a transparent area in between two black bars (one above and one below) which you're supposed to drag onto the timeline in the sequence, as a layer above the main video.

Like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Downloaded it from where?

If the PNG file is what I think it is, then it's simply a PNG image with a transparent area in between two black bars (one above and one below) which you're supposed to drag onto the timeline in the sequence, as a layer above the main video.

http://www.kriscoartproductions.com/?post_type=product

Thats what I did. I put the png image above the video but it dosnt show up.

Post a screen cap of your Premiere window.

1 minute ago, TheSlicingEdge said:

Can you post one with the position marker over the video and not at the end?

Ok what is the resolution of your video?  You need to adjust the scale of that PNG image, otherwise it can either be too large or too small.

So select that PNG image in the timeline, go into the effects setting panel and adjust the scale.