What do Cherry MX red/all mechanical keyboards feel like compared to membrane keyboards?

lolpwnd31
Go to solution Solved by Aytex,
4 minutes ago, lolpwnd31 said:

Probably a dumb question, but right now, I have a really old membrane keyboard (still using ps/2). Out of curiosity and also because I may be getting a new keyboard, in your opinion, what do Cherry MX reds, or even all mechanical keyboards, feel like compared to membrane keyboards?

mx red's plus orings feel the most like membrane, except they don't have the mushy feeling, its more accruate and all the way down, and not just stop in the middle

Probably a dumb question, but right now, I have a really old membrane keyboard (still using ps/2). Out of curiosity and also because I may be getting a new keyboard, in your opinion, what do Cherry MX reds, or even all mechanical keyboards, feel like compared to membrane keyboards?

isnt a membrane some fucked up thiong in your body that excretes mucus and 'disturbing white liquids'

Reds are awful. Hate reds. I hated browns because the ones I used had dampeners. Blues are godly.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

They feel smooth, and seem to bounce back more if you were to release the pressure on each key, I may be wrong, but that is how it feels to me.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

4 minutes ago, lolpwnd31 said:

mx red's plus orings feel the most like membrane, except they don't have the mushy feeling, its more accruate and all the way down, and not just stop in the middle

I prefer a good membrane keyboard to reds. Browns are too soft for me, but I use them every day. Likewise I find blues and greens too light and too noisy. It can be really tricky to figure out.

Here are my more complete thoughts: http://techdredge.com/video/14

8 minutes ago, lolpwnd31 said:

Tactileness. thats it.

if afford, get it!!!!

if cant. idk get a cs storm bundle or something.

do you know that feeling when you take a poop and the water splashes on you butt? that is how a membrane keyboard feels. 

do you know that feeling when you are removing the plastic wrap on a sweet new graphics card? that is what a cherry mx red feels like.